Garmin Alpha 100 with TT15 dog collar Europa Frequency Probl   

Re: Garmin Alpha 100 with TT15 dog collar Europa Frequency P

Postby karadhmos » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:19 pm

Hi i have tt15f which is connected to alpha 100f. How do i make tt15f to tt15 to connect to alpha 100. When i updated it under firmware version 3 it connected with name tt10, when after update it with upper firmware version it not connecting with alpha 100
karadhmos offline

alpha 100 F regional limitation remove?

Postby ramada » Sat May 29, 2021 10:05 pm

Hi everyone

I have an Alpha 100F. This device only works with French frequency collars. How can I change the frequency of this device with European or American frequencies.

is this possible?
ramada offline

Postby kagourakos » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:07 pm

Finally no one will answer this. Well kept secret cause it is ilegal to change the frequency.Any way..
kagourakos offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:35 pm

kagourakos wrote:Finally no one will answer this. Well kept secret cause it is ilegal to change the frequency.Any way..

Not a secret, the author Vale AlexWhiter passed away mid 2019. his legacy is immense including this Astro/Alpha regional limitation patcher
[Please Register or Login to download file]

My recommendation is to buy any Transceiver from the Region/Country you are going to use it in.
Removing the regional lock would make the device illegal ,as it would allow it to transmit/receive on a frequency not allocated to this type of transceiver out of its designed region (another country). The reason this is legislated and strongly enforced is devices not designed for that specific region can interfere/block devices using that frequency where they are licenced .(Emergency ,military etc)
Changing the frequency to the region where it is being used would make it legal .
software/universal-firmware-patcher-for-protected-garmin-devices-t17987-390.html?hilit=Alpha%20Collar#p175909
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby kagourakos » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:04 am

We are talking about changing the frequency in order to pair an EU handheld with US collar or something similar. The handheld frequency can change for 100% (i can pm it to you if you are interested) and it is not in the hardware .The collar frequency can change too but i havent find out how (i have seen this done from a guy). This patcher aborts a handheld to lock after update in different region (for example i use a US astro 320 in France and i want to update it.It will lock right? This patcher helps with this issue, not the frequency change) . Of course Alex's legacy is immense. Absolutely no doubt about this :)
kagourakos offline

Postby zeiko61 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:13 am

Hello, there is a US astro 320 handset, and there is also a European t5 collar. Can you help me how can I convert them to the USA or Europe?
Garmin astro 320 us t5 leash eu t5 leash how can i turn us? can you help me?
Last edited by GarmanNuvi on Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: combined consecutive posts
zeiko61 offline

how to convert garmin t5 collar from usa to europe

Postby zeiko61 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:09 pm

hi garmin astro usa t5 leash europe t5 leash how do i convert from usa to europe
zeiko61 offline

Postby Alpha200i » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:41 am

I have read about regional limitation on Garmin Alpha and T5, even when they are using the same frequency. Can anyone confirm or correct?

If I use an Alpha 200 with a T5x in Sweden. We have the same frequency as Spain. Is it possible to just buy a TT15x collar from Spain, or is there going to be a connection problem?

I can see that if I would buy a Alpha200 från Spain it would “see” that i connect to satellites via Sweden rather than Spain. But is the collar that intelligent, and can be locked if it is in Sweden?
Alpha200i offline

Postby ljupcop » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:21 pm

Dear kolokythas ;

I have American T5 but I can't use on my European Alpha100, i know that the software version is 5.2. I can't download RGN Tool and Updater.
And unfortunately I don't know how to downgrade the firmware step by step to 3.10. I don't have any technical information about this. If you help me about this in detail I can do it. Can you help me please.

Best Regards.
ljupcop offline

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Garmin