Editing POI's   

Editing POI's

Postby fmmagyar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:20 am

Is there software available to delete individual poi's in a garmin nuvi 1350? I have some poi's which are duplicates and want to delete the duplicates but only get request to clear all poi's which i am afraid to do as I might delete the default poi's. Also, where are the default poi's located? Thanking you beforehand for your assistance and response. Fred
fmmagyar offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:27 am

are these duplicates poi's you have added yourself?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby fmmagyar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Yes through the garmin loader
fmmagyar offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:56 pm

There are PC based programmes like POIEdit which can edit poi files
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Confused » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:45 am

fmmagyar wrote:Is there software available to delete individual poi's in a garmin nuvi 1350? I have some poi's which are duplicates and want to delete the duplicates but only get request to clear all poi's which i am afraid to do as I might delete the default poi's. Also, where are the default poi's located? Thanking you beforehand for your assistance and response. Fred

The default GPS poi's (over 6 million) are built into the map and can't be deleted or edited. They are safe.

You CAN delete POIs that you have saved with a SAVE command after a search/find OR have created with a PC tool such as the "Extra POI Editor" or similar. They are actually your favorites and you can delete them ALL at once or individually (via the EDIT option for each poi in your favorites).

You can delete any "custom" POI's
you might have out there in the GPS or on SD. They are in the POI folder and all have the file extension ".GPI" If you delete the file they all go away. You can first copy any .GPI file to a PC to save it for later possible use. If you simply copy the .GPI files to the POI folder in the GPS or SD they will all be recognized on the next GPS boot and will be restored. You can't delete or edit individual POI's from within an existing GPI file.

Confused offline

Postby fmmagyar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:23 am

Thank you for your outstandingly clear and detailed answer. Fred
fmmagyar offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin