DriveTrack 71 and Alpha 100 link problem   

DriveTrack 71 and Alpha 100 link problem

Postby Gippslander » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:01 am

Hello from Victoria Australia, been reading here for a while but this is my first post.

My Alpha 100 US version is used to track hunting dogs and recently I purchased a DriveTrack 71 from an authorised Garmin dealer here in Australia but I cannot but link/Bluetooth them together.

My Alpha 100 US was purchased a couple of years ago, a friend did the geo-lock thing and it works good here in Australia.

A hunting friend has the same set up as me and his works good and his Alpha 100 US version will link/Bluetooth to my new DriveTrack 71, the only difference is my Alpha 100 US has software version 7.20 my friend's Alpha 100 US has software version 6.30.

Any ideas on why my Alpha 100 will not link up/Bluetooth to the drive track 71?

My thoughts are that the software version 7.20 does not allow the linkup between Alpha 100 US and an Australian drive track, If so do I need to backdate to an earlier software version and from that what version would be best and where can I get that earlier version?

Thanks in advance, cheers
Gippslander offline

Re: DriveTrack 71 and Alpha 100 link problem

Postby Gippslander » Tue May 10, 2022 6:02 am

Hi, thanks for all looking, I could not solve so looked around and found an older Alpha 100 that still had version 6.30 installed and that works fine - link up/bluetooh'd - in a second or two - all good

Would still be interested to know why the older 3.20 Alpha 100 US version is what you need to work with the latest drivetrack 71

Cheers
Gippslander offline

Re: DriveTrack 71 and Alpha 100 link problem

Postby GarmanNuvi » Tue May 10, 2022 9:30 pm

Gippslander wrote:Hi, thanks for all looking, I could not solve so looked around and found an older Alpha 100 that still had version 6.30 installed and that works fine - link up/bluetooh'd - in a second or two - all good
Would still be interested to know why the older 3.20 Alpha 100 US version is what you need to work with the latest drivetrack 71
Cheers

These Alpha 100 from the US transmit on a frequency that is illegal in [Please Register or Login to download file] & according to the ACMA could cost you fines of up to $25,200 and or up to two years in prison.

Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
Disabled dog tracking when used in countries for which the radio frequencies are not authorized.
Fixed distance issue in dog track review.
Improvements to map drawing speed.
Fixed issue retrieving Public Land Survey System data from certain TOPO US 24K maps.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Return to General Discussions about Garmin