Drivesmart 55 Buying maps from Garmin   

Drivesmart 55 Buying maps from Garmin

Postby FcMirror » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:36 am

Hello everyone.
I have Garmin Drivesmart 55. I have UK maps only and I would like to have UK and full EU maps. I have done some research and everyone is saying that it is not possible to patch this device so I guess that the only way to get EU maps is to buy them. If I would buy EU maps then will I get free lifetime updates of these EU maps as well? Will I be able to update them in the future over the WiFi without connecting sat nav to PC?

Also if I would buy Drivesmart 61 and patch this device , then I assume that it will not be possible to update the maps over the WiFI and I will need to download new map version from this forum , unlock and install new maps on my SAT NAV using PC. Is that right?
FcMirror offline

Re: Drivesmart 55 Buying maps from Garmin

Postby Pilou37 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:39 pm

FcMirror wrote:Also if I would buy Drivesmart 61 and patch this device , then I assume that it will not be possible to update the maps over the WiFI and I will need to download new map version from this forum , unlock and install new maps on my SAT NAV using PC. Is that right?

Hi,

If you buy this one : [Please Register or Login to download file]
It's clearly mention you have Preloaded with lifetime maps, which means you will have free map updates with Garmin Express

:lol:

Merry Xmas :023:
Pilou37 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby FcMirror » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:55 pm

I know that. What if I am gonna buy
these maps [Please Register or Login to download file]
and upload them to Drivesmart 55. Will I also get free lifetame updates as well?
FcMirror offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:58 pm

FcMirror wrote:I know that. What if I am gonna buy
these maps [Please Register or Login to download file]
and upload them to Drivesmart 55. Will I also get free lifetame updates as well?

Their web page is not clear about Lifetime maps or nuMap guarantee, best to call.
Buying on-line does not include all the additional files like Junction View or voice command files so it is not the same as being able to up date a device with Garmin Express.
Product Support
0808 238 0000 (UK landline free phone)
03708501242 (standard geographic charges)
Monday-Friday 8:30 - 17:30 GMT.
Closed weekends and national holidays.

My logic is why spend £79 on additional maps on this regional device. When you can buy a pre owned unit with full Europe coverage for the same money or slightly more!
[Please Register or Login to download file]
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Return to General Discussions about Garmin