Drivesmart 60LMT 8GB storage too small for latest N. America   

Drivesmart 60LMT 8GB storage too small for latest N. America

Postby steelworker » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:15 pm

Hi, I just got a Drivesmart 60LMT. I acquired it from an auction. Did a map update. Would only do CN 2024.10 North America & Canada East. Did not give me the option of choosing a different region. Went ahead and updated using Garmin Express wanted an SD card so I installed a 32GB card. Talked to Garmin about getting map options to show up and they told me to format the card. Now Garmin Express is telling me there isn't enough internal memory for the update and it's not asking for an SD card like it was before and the original installed map isn't showing up either. Just CN North America NT 2024.10 Foursquare. I also have a Nuvi 65 which has the lower 48 on it and I was able to install the Western US and Canada maps to the SD card by renaming the disc image file. Any ideas? Jim
steelworker offline

Re: Garmin Drivesmart 60LMT

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:54 am

steelworker wrote:Hi, I just got a Drivesmart 60LMT. I acquired it from an auction. Did a map update. Would only do CN 2024.10 North America & Canada East. Did not give me the option of choosing a different region. Went ahead and updated using Garmin Express wanted an SD card so I installed a 32GB card. Talked to Garmin about getting map options to show up and they told me to format the card. Now Garmin Express is telling me there isn't enough internal memory for the update and it's not asking for an SD card like it was before and the original installed map isn't showing up either. Just CN North America NT 2024.10 Foursquare. I also have a Nuvi 65 which has the lower 48 on it and I was able to install the Western US and Canada maps to the SD card by renaming the disc image file. Any ideas? Jim

You had a similar situation with your nuvi 65 on another forum as Seabee who's rules do not allow discussion around modifying firmware or unlocking maps.
Again this is most probably a regional device with a US & Canada subscription (V4 M4v3 4GB CA So7 I7 CTP BT RDS) with a 4GB internal memory.
US & Canada's [Please Register or Login to download file] file is 3.88 GB (not a disc image file) without additional files.
Really Garmin should be able to help you with this.
But there is another way if Garmin Express didn't give that option, make a copy of your garmindevice.xml from your device and paste it to a folder called Garmin on a FAT 32 formatted SD card 16-32Gb.
Without the device connected plug in the SD card to your PC (a clone of your device) and use Garmin Express to update it. Rearrange and rename the files as before. Insert SD card into DS60
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby steelworker » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:14 am

I don't necessarily want to modify the software. The SD card is not showing up in Garmin Express so it's not allowing the upgrade and when I first run the upgrade the card was found and it installed CN 2024.10 North America & Canada East NT. I'll try Garmin again.
steelworker offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:28 am

steelworker wrote:I don't necessarily want to modify the software. The SD card is not showing up in Garmin Express so it's not allowing the upgrade and when I first run the upgrade the card was found and it installed CN 2024.10 North America & Canada East NT. I'll try Garmin again.

Yes I read that, there is no need to Patch your device ,as I said we can use your garmindevice.xml to make a clone of your DS 60 on a SD card with enough space to get the full subscription that is included in the device what ever it is.
I got your file ,I'm working on another members problem at the moment so cannot use Garmin Express yet.
It turns out your DS 60 has Full N .America subscription & 8GB internal storage V4 M4v3 8GB CA So6 A6 CTP BT RDS
The files for N.America for your device are 7.81 GB without any software updates.
use the Clone method then rearrange the files a below
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Re: Drivesmart 60LMT 8GB storage too small for latest N. Ame

Postby steelworker » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:49 am

It finally failed completely. I may or may not get a refund on it. Doesn't matter. It was only $40. I replaced it with a new unused unit that a local seller had $80 which is what I should have done to start with instead of an auction although I have done ok at auctions also. The new one is a Drivesmart 71 EX with traffic which I updated with no problems. Even added my topo maps. It came with all of North America (Canada, Mexico and the Virgin Islands. It will work just fine for what I need which is the backup camera on my truck. Jim

Edit: Well I did get a full refund on the Drivesmart 60LMT so I'm happy. Jim
steelworker offline

Postby zhazan22 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:57 am

Hello everyone i am facing now an internal memory of garmin drive 61 which is now full and red color what will i do in order to have a free space thank you for your help.
zhazan22 offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:02 am

zhazan22 wrote:Hello everyone i am facing now an internal memory of garmin drive 61 which is now full and red color what will i do in order to have a free space thank you for your help.

That's because the whole of Europe is nearly using up your all of your Drive 61's 8GB of storage you cannot clean up anything of any significant size.
Use an SD card
[Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Return to General Discussions about Garmin