Dakota 20 - multiple map   

Dakota 20 - multiple map

Postby boreas » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:07 pm

I have a Dakota 20 and I want to put multiple img files on sd card. I put the somename.img files in Garmin folder without any success. Also I put it in a Map folder but without luck. My GPS read only gmapsupp.img and gmapbmap.img file name on SD card. Where I'm wrong? I have tried on 3.8 and 3.82 firmware version, but my GPS can't sees the files.
boreas offline

Postby PiEtU » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:45 pm

boreas wrote:I have a Dakota 20 and I want to put multiple img files on sd card. I put the somename.img files in Garmin folder without any success. Also I put it in a Map folder but without luck. My GPS read only gmapsupp.img and gmapbmap.img file name on SD card. Where I'm wrong? I have tried on 3.8 and 3.82 firmware version, but my GPS can't sees the files.

you can use only one gmapsupp.img file in sd-card, if you want more maps same image join them with gmaptool....
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby boreas » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Thank you, but allot of people said that Dakota can handle multiple img files.
boreas offline

Postby boreas » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:22 pm

After I downgraded my firmware ti 3.70, I can now find all my custom named map on my unit. I thing the problem is in 3.80 and 3.82 firmware version. Has this happened to anyone?
boreas offline

Postby sbouju » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:35 pm

boreas wrote:I have a Dakota 20 and I want to put multiple img files on sd card. I put the somename.img files in Garmin folder without any success. Also I put it in a Map folder but without luck. My GPS read only gmapsupp.img and gmapbmap.img file name on SD card. Where I'm wrong? I have tried on 3.8 and 3.82 firmware version, but my GPS can't sees the files.

Try naming your second and third maps "gmapsup1.img" and "gmapsup2.img"...
sbouju offline

Postby scubadoo » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:15 am

boreas

I have 15 different *.img files on my Dakota 20 GPS microSD card in the \Garmin folder.
I can find them ALL with ANY software/firmware updates including the latest v4.01.

Make sure you select only the ones you want. They can conflict with each other. Experiment a little.

Setup > Map > Map Information Select Map > (dis/enable the mapsets you want).

The enabled selection can sometimes change after a software/firmware update so you may need to redo the above procedure.

Have fun.
scubadoo offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin