PC connection problem   

PC connection problem

Postby DrissTui » Sat May 20, 2023 9:00 pm

I want to update my Garmin 2597 LMT with Garmin express but the device does not connect to the pc. Can be with the sd card but I do not have the necessary files. thank you for helping me .
I tried several methods, it didn't work.

je veux mettre a jour mon Garmin 2597 LMT avec Garmin express mais l'appareil ne ce connecte pas au pc .peux être avec la carte sd mais j'ai pas les fichiers nécessaire. merci de m'aider .
j'ai essayé plusieurs méthode ca pas marcher .
Last edited by GarmanNuvi on Sat May 20, 2023 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Translate first & last time. English language forum
DrissTui offline

Re: PC connection problem

Postby jollocay » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:27 pm

I have the same problem. My Garmin nuv1 2589LMT will not connect to PC in MTP mode. In fact will not connect at all, just turns on and is not recognised by PC or Garmin Express. I have tried many option including a variety of cables & reinstalling Garmin Express. Even called Garmin & their expert suggested my device was old so replace with a new one. Does anyone have a work around?
jollocay offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:08 am

DrissTui wrote:I want to update my Garmin 2597 LMT with Garmin express but the device does not connect to the pc.

jollocay wrote:I have the same problem. My Garmin nuv1 2589LMT will not connect to PC in MTP mode. just turns on

Still working would mean its not bricked, you've eliminated the USB cable & PC. Try reinstalling the [Please Register or Login to download file] if you haven't
I guess it is still able to use the Vehicle power cable.

These nuvi's suffer from the USB port breaking away from the PCB. The first thing I would do is see if the whole USB socket has any movement
[Please Register or Login to download file]
If it is loose repair is the best solution, but there are ways to update your device via SD card
Watch on [Please Register or Login to download file]
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby jollocay » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:09 pm

Thanks for the advice. I pulled the unit apart & checked usb with a multimeter & all seemed OK. Unfortunately I wrecked the communication ribbon while putting it back together. So I'll have to buy a new GPS.
jollocay offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin