Bad signals from satellitts   

Bad signals from satellitts

Postby HMB67 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:03 am

I have this Garmin 780 Camper in my Audi Q7 4M 2017. The problem is that it has BIG problems finding signals. I`ve been told that this is due to the windshiled has this layer of lead film and this blocks the signals. Anyone found a solition in this ??
HMB67 offline

Re: Bad signals from satellitts

Postby Pilou37 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:35 pm

HMB67 wrote:I have this Garmin 780 Camper in my Audi Q7 4M 2017. The problem is that it has BIG problems finding signals. I`ve been told that this is due to the windshiled has this layer of lead film and this blocks the signals. Anyone found a solition in this ??

Hi,

Maybe an external antenna ?
Pilou37 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby HMB67 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:39 am

Pilou37, an external antenna would be perfect, but there is no way to connect any on the Garmin 780 Camper. I have seen that there is en accessori power cabel with som kind of antenna, but that is only to imptove traffic information.
HMB67 offline

Unable to Acquire Satellites

Postby GarmanNuvi » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:24 am

Factors that May Cause the Device to be Unable to Acquire Satellites:
If your vehicle has a protective coating on its windshield or electronic devices which interferes with the device receiving a signal, your device may not be able to acquire satellites in this environment.

Some vehicles are equipped with special windshields that may contain metal in the glass (metal oxide) that prevents the GPS device from having a clear line of sight to the satellites.
Windshields with solar ray glass, solar tint, heated, or heat-reflective windshields and insulated or Insta-Clear glass may also affect satellite acquisition.
If you suspect this to be an issue, try taking the device outside of the vehicle with a clear view of the sky for 3-5 minutes so that the device can acquire satellites.
If your device loses satellites once moved back into your vehicle, this is most likely the reason.
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby HMB67 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:27 am

I guess the windshield is the reason in my case. But is there any solution to this problem, for example an external antenna, or using signals from my phone or something. Or is the solution just to sell it ??
HMB67 offline

Postby abdulgazis » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:09 am

No solution probably other than selling it
abdulgazis offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin