alpha 200 distance   

alpha 200 distance

Postby ramada » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:49 am

Hi everyone

I bought alpha 200 from bulgaria. The distance of this device is limited to 10 km. I bought the same device again from Sweden. The distance of this device appears to be 14,5km.

What is this difference due to? How can I increase the distance of the device I bought from Bulgaria.

thank you.
ramada offline

Re: alpha 200 distance

Postby GarmanNuvi » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:49 pm

Frequency's & Power are county specific to meet with their local legislation.
VHF Radio Information
This product may be used only on specific radio frequencies, which vary depending on the country of use. The handheld device and the dog device allow the user to install a different antenna. Changing the antenna can result in improved radio performance and higher radiated power. You must not use the device with a third party antenna or an antenna not approved by Garmin®. Go to [Please Register or Login to download file] for details about the performance and radio frequency of this product, lawful accessories, and power limits for countries.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Re: alpha 200 distance

Postby UralAnts » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:15 am

ramada wrote:I bought alpha 200 from bulgaria. The distance of this device is limited to 10 km. I bought the same device again from Sweden. The distance of this device appears to be 14,5km.

Sorry for my lang.
Their radio power (and distance) is the same and depends on the terrain and the efficiency of the antennas.
If the range is not enough, take an antenna with an increased radius. Alpha 100, by the way, came with it.
UralAnts offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin