Alpha 100 Google maps   

Alpha 100 Google maps

Postby maliaro123 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:31 pm

Hello , i am new in this forum and i use garmin alpha 100 with tt15 collar for more than 2 years
My device's System Version is 4.40
I would like to know how i can add custom map like google earth map

Is there any way to add manually the map ?
Or i have to patch the devide and then it can uses every map ?

Anyway , when i open the device it shows up my seller logo
How i can patch-unlock or put custom map ?

Let me give you any extra info if needed
Any idea , program or cheat is acceptable
maliaro123 offline

Re: Alpha 100 Google maps

Postby B1ng0 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:45 pm

maliaro123 wrote:Hello , i am new in this forum and i use garmin alpha 100 with tt15 collar for more than 2 years
My device's System Version is 4.40

Latest version is V6.70. Don't update if V4.40 is working ok for you.

I would like to know how i can add custom map like google earth map

You need to convert to Garmin's proprietry *.img format. There are programs available such as MapWel which convert Google's *.kmz files however I haven't played with that for many years and I think there may have been changes made to google's format. Maybe look at OSM maps, perhaps they could suit your needs: [Please Register or Login to download file]

Is there any way to add manually the map ?

Any Garmin device that uses a media card can read a compatible custom map named gmapsupp.img in a Garmin root folder of the card [i.e. x:\Garmin\gmapsupp.img]. That's universal. Some devices can also read maps with <any_name>.img in a Garmin or Map folder of card or various names in .System or Map folder on device itself.

Or i have to patch the devide and then it can uses every map ?

I haven't checked but maybe you won't need to patch the firmware [not the device itself as such] if you stay at V4.40. Certainly from at least V5.00 you'd need to patch to allow permanent use of Unicode maps such as Europe NTU City Navigator maps and some Topo maps.

Anyway , when i open the device it shows up my seller logo

If you mean it shows a dealer's logo instead of the standard Garmin boot logo, you can replace it quite easily for most devices by dumping it's rgn16 and replacing the image using GIR_Editor. [Please Register or Login to download file]
B1ng0 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Return to General Discussions about Garmin