"Unlock" Menu for 800x480   

"Unlock" Menu for 800x480

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:18 am

Since I got several request I upload my menu here.
It is for all these 800x480 pixel devices that are out there - mostly the 2din car GPS devices from China but for the hand held ones (like I have) as well.
Here are some screenshots of what is included :
[Please Register or Login to download file]

Spoiler: Show
General Info]
The menu is provides "as is" - meaning that if it does not work you will have to edit/change it yourself.
To change or add something you have to look into the 3 INI files : Menu.ini , Games.ini , Tools.ini
It is all pretty clear and easy to understand if you open the ini file in your editor and start the "Systeminformation32.exe" - it will simulate the menu on your Windows PC.
All is configured for SD cards labeled "StorageCard" - you will find ini files for other SD cards at the end.
Not all Games/Tools must work on your device! Some will need additional DLL files or CE6.
If something does not work you can delete the entries in the menu or use the comments as shown in the ini to disable the function but keep the menu entry for later use.
Special attention should be paid to the memory bars at the bottom :
You have to adjust the path to your SD flash memory accordingly in the 3 ini files otherwise they will show up like in the screenshots with invalid paths.
Only the games and tools are included -you have to provide the GPS programs.
The paths in the menu.ini should be ok for most standard installations, but you better check if they are correct for your version - this goes especially for Garmin !
I have included 2 folders that are not necessary for the menu : CE4 and CE5 - those inlude DLL files that might be missing on your system.
It might not be a complete collection but will save you some time searching the net.
The Flashmemory in the menu is labled "NANDFlash" and the status bar for that in the menu has the entry "diskmem" - two times, one for SD and for Flash.

Spoiler: Show
How to]
Copy the folder "Navitotal" to the root of your SD card.
On your GPS change the patch for the GPS software to the "menu.exe" inside the folder "Navitotal".
If you want to use the Autostart function for the menu you can close it with a double click/tap on an empty area on the screen.

[Please Register or Login to download file] - All three files in one archive!

Password for all files : downunder
Last edited by Downunder35m on Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated link
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby heriadi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:10 am

Hi Downunder,
I think the link to download menu 800x480 is wrong, it redirect me to ini files also, I didn't find any systeminfo file inside the file. May be you can upload it again.

Thank you
heriadi offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:51 am

All good now :)
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby adrix000 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:36 am

Amazing! Congratulations for this good work

I'll try this menu immediately

Thank you so much for sharing...
adrix000 offline

Postby raikko5 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:23 pm

nice menu... can convert to 480x272?
raikko5 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:59 am

As I said : the menu is "as is" if you want it in 480x272 : change it - most icons are already in the right spot, and the rest can be adjusted very easy.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby raikko5 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:38 am

i like ur menu style.. but what the item need to change if want to using for 480x272?
raikko5 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:56 am

The icons are standard and can be used for all resolutions.
If you check the ini you will notice that you can adjust the size of the icons as well - good for people with gloves on the bike or if you think they are just too big.
I tried to use a size that should work on all screen resolutions, but as I said they can be adjusted in the ini files.
To change the size of the menu you only have to change to position for the things on the bottom of the screen and maybe the size of the bars.
After that you change the position of the "back" arrow and you are done.
You can even leave the background image but I would recommend to create your own in the size of your screen, even if it is just a black background.

In the INI under "Global settings" change the screen resolution for your device and the name for your background image.
The things in the "status bar" are
Volume : "Volume-Button"
Battery : "Battery"
Memory : "Memory"
Clock : "Zeitanzeige rechts" and "Datum rechts"
and the free disk space : "Diskmem"

The "x" and "y" values are for the position and "size" stands for the font size of text, the rest is pretty clear when you read it.
Do the changes on your PC and check the menu with the "systeminformation32.exe" - you will see it is easy and makes fun too when you create you own menu.
There are a few more games included than listed in the menu, you can try if some more work for you and include them too ;)
Once you like your menu upload it here for the others and write about your experience :)
Thanks!
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby jbrande » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:16 pm

Downunder it says that the Menu file is temporary unavailable do you have another link to it?
jbrande offline

Postby aquaman0812 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:34 pm

jbrande, use Opera, it works. if it fails, reload/refresh the download link again till it works.
aquaman0812 offline

Postby AAB » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:17 pm

Link for the main is not working
AAB offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:45 am

Please be more specific as I justed tested it and the link is working fine.
The only things not working are the links to pictures as they have been already deleted by the filehoster.
All downloadable files are still active.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby AAB » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:15 am

It seems to work now. I am downloading now.
Do you have any idea how to change the language of the wince from chinese to english?
I have noname chinese 5' gps with wince6.0 800x480
AAB offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:53 am

AAB wrote:It seems to work now. I am downloading now.
Do you have any idea how to change the language of the wince from chinese to english?
I have noname chinese 5' gps with wince6.0 800x480

On some devices you can change the language settings in the control panel (or directly in the Registry) but most of the times it is necessary to install a new CE system in english, and only the manufacturere can offer it.
I wouldn't bother too much as you don't really need access to CE during normal use.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby bum99my » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:29 am

downunder,

excellent stuff. been waiting for this a long time. i had to direct the ini files to MMC_STORAGE and repositioned the icons a bit further apart (stubby fingers) and it works!! thank you very very much!
bum99my offline

Next

Return to General Discussion