HTC tytn navigation software problems   

HTC tytn navigation software problems

Postby camel10 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:04 am

I have an HTC tytn II and i have installed on it the Igo 8 which runs from my micro SD. The software runs fine but after a couple of minutes it freezes and i would have to restart the software again. This i would have to repeat it time and time again until i record the directions and then i give up. Does anybody know of an alternative navigation software i can use on my mobile phone that does not freeze or how to go around this problem? I am also considering to change my phone as i am getting frustrated that i have all this information on my phone and i would still need to go around with another GPS unit in my bag.

I would like to thank everybody in advance for any valuable information.

Regards to All

Camel10 :smilie_d_002:
camel10 offline

Postby ozredwine » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:46 am

I used CoPilot 7 on my TyTn II and then swapped to Garmin Mobile XT which I now use on a HTC HD2 that replaced the TyTn II. The Garmin system was OK on the TyTn II, (off SD card) no lockups at all, although the program did crash twice in one week, oddly at the same location, and then not ever after that.
It works fine on the HD2, much faster than the TyTn II and the screen is bigger too.
ozredwine offline

Postby camel10 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:32 am

Thanks a lot for your info i will look into it both the phone and the software. might contact you again for some other help if you do not mind.

Regards

Camel10
camel10 offline

Postby Black Wolf » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:11 am

IGO8 runs fine on htc tyn2, probably you have problem with low free RAM memory on your device, and then happens crash, check in task manager is there all unecessary applications closed, processes, etc.

Or maybe you have problem with some cooked rom which spend su much RAM, how much free RAM memory do you have on that device at idle? Is your rom oficially or customizes-cooked?

Try in igo8 section to find some another version of igo8.3 for pda, and test it to see does crash again happens? Do you have dem files inside, or so much building files, cause 3D view will be dificult to use on your devices. Check all these things, give us more details, then you'll get better help...
I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby camel10 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:31 am

Dear Sucro,

I checked once again on my mobile what are the exact model number of the mobile phone and i realized that i have the Igo Amigo on my mobile. For this misleading information i would like to to very much appologize. Can i do something to rectify the problems i am encountering? like change of software. Please guide me step by step as i am really green on these things. I am afraid to loose the software of my mobile the windows 6.1 as ia msure i am not using the phone to the full and the navigation is really why i bought the mobile for.

Thank you

Camel 10
camel10 offline

Postby Black Wolf » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:17 pm

camel10 wrote:Dear Sucro,

I checked once again on my mobile what are the exact model number of the mobile phone and i realized that i have the Igo Amigo on my mobile. For this misleading information i would like to to very much appologize. Can i do something to rectify the problems i am encountering? like change of software. Please guide me step by step as i am really green on these things. I am afraid to loose the software of my mobile the windows 6.1 as ia msure i am not using the phone to the full and the navigation is really why i bought the mobile for.

Thank you

Camel 10

You can try IGO8.3 gps software, it will run nice on your PPC, you can find it in IGO subforum, check there... For thanks use button thanks please!
I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby Prle77 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:08 am

You can also use Tomtom..
I've used tomtom on my TYTN II and compare to others performed better (in terms of stability, map updates, security camera updates, constant, bootup speed etc)
Prle77 offline

Return to General Discussion