binatone battery   

binatone battery

Postby meadyyyy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:28 pm

hiya guys n gals

reguarding battery replacement in binatones, couldnt locate a direct replacement but managed to get one from china same dimensions and spec (inc overcharge protection cirquit), but it only has 2 wires (red, black) original has 3 wires (red, black, yellow), i think yellow is something to do with charging or registering low voltage which tels unit to charge battery

so my question is, the yellow wire, is it required to be connected to battery? if so, is there a way to incorporate it into the 2 wire battery i have purchased

thanks in advance
meadyyyy offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:38 pm

The yellow wire is probably the feedback wire which gives temperature and an accurate battery level in percentage, rather than the "best guess" from a two wire battery.

You may find it'll power on with the new battery, but the battery level might always be at 0%, or it won't charge etc.

There probably isn't a way to add the third wire into the new battery.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby meadyyyy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:00 pm

shame, cause unit kept turning off when taped navigation even when connected to car charger, stayed on otherwise, would only work ok if left to charge for about an hour, when finished useing and turned off, had to leave on for hour or so again before useing, new battery has cured problem and that no longer happens.
so i definately need a 3 wire replacement? any ideas as to where to get one cheaply?
meadyyyy offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:29 pm

eBay probably, or if you can get any kind of number off the original battery, it might be worth searching for that, you might find a supplier.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby meadyyyy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:43 am

ok, after searching ebay etc, couldnt find 3 wire battery only 2 wire, did find a garmin 3 wire battery which was smaller in size but bigger mah, ordered it, cut garmin plug off end and put old binatone plug on and it works and charges, binatone now back from the paperweight file:clapping_mini::clapping_mini::clapping_mini:
meadyyyy offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:35 pm

Good news :D
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussion