Kenwood DNR476S N.America update   

Kenwood DNR476S N.America update

Postby cansler » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:04 pm

Postby cansler »Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:40 am in City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Hey there new to the forum. My apologies if this was discussed somewhere. Did a search and couldn't find the actual steps to doing the update on Kenwood In-Dash Stereo unit from grabbing the files to running the unlocker and copying them into my card. I have the gist but missing some key points. Like which files do i run through the unlocker? Only the gmapsuppimg file? Do I need anything from the XML file I puled from the unit? If so, what, and where do I use it? Once run through the unlocker, do I simply overwrite the existing files?

Wanted to say, thanks for your efforts. It's much appreciated. For updating a Kenwood DNR476s (Garmin express shows the latest available is North America NT 2023). I Grabbed all of your North America 2024.10 files and the GIMGUNLOCK-0.04.rar. I just downloaded a backup of my existing maps from Garmin Express. Copied them onto an SD card. I can see that there are no ASR files but there are SID files and GMAPSUPP and a PNX file. I managed to update my Garmin Based uConnect in my 2012 Chry 300 a few years back, but things have changes since then. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[edit: sent before full list of questions]

File Structure is:

[FOLDER] Pnx
[FOLDER] SID
[FOLDER] Vehicle (downloaded from GarminExpress)
.express
GarminDevice (XML file captured from Kenwood Stereo)
gmapbmap.img
gmapsupp.gma
gmapsupp.img
gmapsupp.unl
gmaptz.img
Last edited by GarmanNuvi on Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct thread & rename
cansler offline

Return to Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge