WMDC   

Here you post everything that is not related to other forum areas.
stuff like how you like this forum for example ;)

WMDC

Postby lostboy2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:31 pm

Windows mobile device centre. Is there any alternative? I have the latest version of windows 10 and cant get into my Binatone sat nav due to WMDC either not opening or just not connecting. I have fallowed many a forum advice with no joy. I am trying to change the startup and shut down picture as they are personal as i will be selling the sat nav on. Yes i know its a Binatone :D I did scrub the ROM and install Primo. So any alternative, cheers
lostboy2 offline

Re: WMDC

Postby chas521 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:37 pm

You've probably tried all these things already but I'll throw them out anyway. First, if the program is on a SD card, wouldn't pulling the card just stop the program from starting? I use Windows 7 Ultimate so I don't know about Windows 10 but isn't there a "My computer" folder that shows the card or portable device when the USB cable is connected? I guess that you could just download and install a new version of WMDC from the MS site.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby lostboy2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:59 pm

No chas521 thank you. The main program i put on the Binatone ROM. Only the maps, POI's etc are on the card. The WMDC is a compatibility issue 10. I was running Vista when i programmed this. Are you using WMDC on 7 as i have that in another laptop but its not opening on that either. I sometimes in file explorer get a Window CE folder pop up but when i open it up there is nothing in there. Not even hidden files what is all rather odd. I got myself an Xgody unit as i drive a van now so the larger screen is quite handy. I was just going to see if i got anything for the Binatone on ebay but if i cant get in to change the pictures then i may just keep it as a spare.
lostboy2 offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:13 pm

You can also try this: Go to start, computer, tools, folder options, view, select show all hidden files and see if that helps.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Chit-Chat