A TomTom you can argue with????   

Here you post everything that is not related to other forum areas.
stuff like how you like this forum for example ;)

A TomTom you can argue with????

Postby Macca-009 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:03 pm

From today's news:

By Martyn Collins of Autoblog UK ....

As we become ever more reliant on portable satnavs, I know I'm not the only one to feel the urge to throw mine out of the car window when it guides me down a dead end road or into a long motorway queue.

According to a report in today's Daily Telegraph, manufacturers are aware of this and future devices could be smart enough to know that they've annoyed the driver and react accordingly.

Peter Robinson, Professor and head of emotional robotics at Cambridge University is reportedly working to devise the next generation of smart computers that will be able to detect and react to users' moods.

A logical use of this new technology would be in satnav systems that could detect a driver's frustration and react individually to diffuse the situation.

Mr Robinson is quoted as saying: "I love gadgets like GPS satellite navigation systems but I hate the fact they are so difficult to use, I think they were designed by sadists," he said. "The problem is computers don't react to how I feel – if I'm pleased or annoyed they just ignore me. We're building emotionally intelligent computers that can read my mind and know how I feel."

Now, wouldn't we all just lurv one of those ....?

GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby david7307 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:31 pm

"Mr Robinson is quoted as saying: "I love gadgets like GPS satellite navigation systems but I hate the fact they are so difficult to use, I think they were designed by sadists," he said. "The problem is computers don't react to how I feel – if I'm pleased or annoyed they just ignore me. We're building emotionally intelligent computers that can read my mind and know how I feel."

Whats the GPS going to think when you have a young thing with a mini skirt on ,sitting next to you in car,
david7307 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Any satnav that argues with me will lose and go out of the window :D
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Chit-Chat