"Time to end"   

Here you post everything that is not related to other forum areas.
stuff like how you like this forum for example ;)

"Time to end"

Postby kwbs » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:03 am

UPDATE: GREAT NEWS!

Navitotal has found a new owner and the adventure will continue like before!

Greetings to everyone who engaged in this craft!

@Capo - Your decision is right and brave.
Bless you for what the site has given so far and since its establishment.
Be successful wherever you go and whatever you do.
Last edited by kwbs on Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
kwbs offline

Re: "Time to end"

Postby Caine232323 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:55 pm

So sad, just found about this site. :(
Caine232323 offline

Postby elmao » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:55 pm

It was really an international community, fans of their hobby and helping other people. As they say in Russia, "we don't say goodbye, we say goodbye until we meet again." Good luck, see you later. :033:
elmao offline

Postby abuaudu » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:51 am

I am sadly reading about your decision about closnig the website. This is really sad and I am contacting you because I am interestd in becoming the new owner. I tried to contact you via the contact page but it does not work, so could you please contact me back?

Many thanks
abuaudu offline

Administrator

Postby selectamatic » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:34 pm

People navigating with phones is BS. Sure more people use it, but standalone navigator is not going anywhere. Navigator is always on and warning about speedcams etc. With phone you have to turn it on every time and when phone rings you can't follow the map.
selectamatic offline

Postby kwbs » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:42 pm

selectamatic wrote:People navigating with phones is BS. Sure more people use it, but standalone navigator is not going anywhere. Navigator is always on and warning about speedcams etc. With phone you have to turn it on every time and when phone rings you can't follow the map.

For a long time, there are enough solutions, which eliminate all your irrelevant claims.
kwbs offline

Postby buck57005 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:35 am

selectamatic wrote:People navigating with phones is BS. Sure more people use it, but standalone navigator is not going anywhere. Navigator is always on and warning about speedcams etc. With phone you have to turn it on every time and when phone rings you can't follow the map.

I actually agree with the opinion of selectamatic that standalone navigators are not going anywhere.

In addition to the points mentioned by selectamatic, not everyone has a smart phone, myself included, by choice I might add.

I have a tablet, but I can't use the free Google maps nav without being connected to the mobile network, and I'm not prepared to buy a second mobile subscription (i.e. SIM) just to make that work. Yea there maybe apps I could buy, but quite frankly I'd rather invest my time & money in dedicated hardware.

And on the note of dedicated hardware, I am personally of the opinion that a lot of the time, dedicated hardware does the job better and has less issues than a single "do-it-all" device.

A lot of cars have sat nav built in these days. But again, not everyone can afford a newer car.

So yea, I agree that standalone navs are not going anywhere any time soon. :)
buck57005 offline

Postby buck57005 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:39 am

And on the subject of "Time to End", I have been informed that the staff have received multiple applications to take over the costs and running of the site. I myself have submitted an application if they fail to find anyone suitable. So hopefully the site will remain up.

It really would be a crying shame if a resource such as this was to disappear down the memory hole!!
buck57005 offline

Postby kwbs » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:43 am

GREAT NEWS!

Off Topic
The story will continue!

Dear Te@m, friends and users, as you read before Navitotal was looking for a new owner and we are happy to announce it's done now!

So, Navitotal has found a new owner and the adventure will continue like before!

In the next days Navitotal will be maybe closed or unavailable for some hours during the migration but this will be very fast and will not impact the content of course.

You'll be informed very soon and, as always, we wish you all the very best for the future :023:

NaviTotal
kwbs offline

Return to Chit-Chat