New Member welcome...sorta   

Here you post everything that is not related to other forum areas.
stuff like how you like this forum for example ;)

New Member welcome...sorta

Postby yachtsman » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:59 am

Hello all

Starting off with a bit of frustration. After registration and beginning to browse, I get a popup saying I have a personal message. I go to read the PM and it was a nice welcome message. I type up a reply and hit the send button .... but ..... you must have five postings to send a PM !!!???? Rejection!!!
I get off the site ...
A couple hours later check my email.... there is one from the site informing me that I have a personal message... the email warns me to not respond to the email .... the only way to respond is to log in here!... So I do. Go to the PM and it is the same nice welcome message.
I still cannot reply to it.

So, all, if you PM me please do not expect an answer unless or until I have the mandated five postings here. Don't hold your breath however.

Best regards

Yachtsman
p.s. Thanks for the welcome hitman.
yachtsman offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:26 am

Welcome nevertheless. :clap: The requirement for a PM of 5 posts is that all forums want to make sure that you are a real person before you can personally correspond. It's much like a download that requires a captcha to type in two words. Don't be upset. It's really not that bad. LOL
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:47 am

yachtsman wrote:Hello all

Starting off with a bit of frustration. After registration and beginning to browse, I get a popup saying I have a personal message. I go to read the PM and it was a nice welcome message. I type up a reply and hit the send button .... but ..... you must have five postings to send a PM !!!???? Rejection!!!
I get off the site ...
A couple hours later check my email.... there is one from the site informing me that I have a personal message... the email warns me to not respond to the email .... the only way to respond is to log in here!... So I do. Go to the PM and it is the same nice welcome message.
I still cannot reply to it.

So, all, if you PM me please do not expect an answer unless or until I have the mandated five postings here. Don't hold your breath however.

Best regards

Yachtsman
p.s. Thanks for the welcome hitman.

1 posting down & only 4 to go!!!! FYI, yours is the 1 & only negative comment that Navitotal has received on this topic.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby yachtsman » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:31 am

Okay. I consider myself reasonably chastised for complaining.
I must ask, however, could a 'unreal person' reply to a PM? Could the 'unreal person' even get a PM to which 'it' wanted to reply? Members must logon in order to get to the PM page.
So I only have three more posts after this one to prove that I am a real person..... WOW!
Thanks for the responses. Your attention is appreciated.
Regards
Yachtsman
yachtsman offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:01 am

You must understand....not all people who register here (or any forum) are as nice as you. It has occurred in the past that somebody (a real person) registers with the sole purpose of getting access to the private message feature in order to then spam every member with offers to buy who knows what or visit who knows where to get some virus. Just like e-mail spam. They have no intention of ever posting a message asking for GPS information or anything legitimate. They know there are things in place to prevent message-post spam, including getting permanently banned, so they go directly to private messaging. The 5 post minimum before enabling sending a PM, is to weed those idiots out.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:20 am

yachtsman wrote:Okay. I consider myself reasonably chastised for complaining.
I must ask, however, could a 'unreal person' reply to a PM? Could the 'unreal person' even get a PM to which 'it' wanted to reply? Members must logon in order to get to the PM page.
So I only have three more posts after this one to prove that I am a real person..... WOW!
Thanks for the responses. Your attention is appreciated.
Regards
Yachtsman

Is there something that we can help you with, or are you just going to continue complaining. The sarcasm is not winning you any friends.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby yachtsman » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:38 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:You must understand....not all people who register here (or any forum) are as nice as you. It has occurred in the past that somebody (a real person) registers with the sole purpose of getting access to the private message feature in order to then spam every member with offers to buy who knows what or visit who knows where to get some virus. Just like e-mail spam. They have no intention of ever posting a message asking for GPS information or anything legitimate. They know there are things in place to prevent message-post spam, including getting permanently banned, so they go directly to private messaging. The 5 post minimum before enabling sending a PM, is to weed those idiots out.

Thank you yurba tugly. This practice is logical, acceptable and obviously necessary ... per your kind, detailed explanation. I had not heard of the spammers use of PMs before. Hard to stay away from them. Keep up the good work. Your attention to details on the board is a fine asset.
Thanks again and best regards
Yachtsman
yachtsman offline

Postby yachtsman » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:44 pm

tendriver wrote:Is there something that we can help you with, or are you just going to continue complaining. The sarcasm is not winning you any friends.

Actually Ten driver, with all due respect, I joined to get some help with an old TomTom XL and a new ASUS Tf1B . Unfortunately I got sidetracked and those issues will have to wait.
Have a nice weekend
Yachtsman
yachtsman offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:17 pm

yachtsman wrote:Actually Ten driver, with all due respect,
1. I joined to get some help with an old TomTom XL and a new ASUS Tf1B .
2. Unfortunately I got sidetracked and those issues will have to wait.
3. Have a nice weekend
Yachtsman

1. How can Navitotal help you with your XL?
2. Unfortunately you never got on the track, until now.
3. You do the same. Looks like a nice weekend on the Gulf Coast.

Only 1 to go.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby nostack » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:00 am

I'm on the same O, 2 to go.
nostack offline

Postby nostack » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:01 am

The NT have been removed?
nostack offline

Postby princech » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:58 am

Welcome to Navitotal :)
princech offline