TT Navigation versions for Win CE 5.0 and Bluetooth Compatib   

Here you post everything that is not related to other forum areas.
stuff like how you like this forum for example ;)

TT Navigation versions for Win CE 5.0 and Bluetooth Compatib

Postby polanskiman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:47 am

Hello Everyone.

Which is the latest version of TT navigation compatible with Win CE 5.0?

I have installed TT7.910.9185 with Map 'Thailand_895_4436' on my [Please Register or Login to download file] and all seems to work at the exception of one thing. There doesn't seem to be any Bleutooth icon in the preferences of Tomtom. Is this normal? Can I upgrade to a higher version of TT?

I have attached below the basic specs of my devices if that can be usefull.

Thank you very for your answers.:thumbup:

Display: 3.5 Inch Touchscreen TFT Screen (Resistive)
Resolution: 320x240
Operating system: Win CE 5.0
CPU: Samsung S3C2416 400mHz
RAM: 128MB
Internal Memory: 2GB
External Memory: 2GB micro SD card (Up to 8GB)
Battery: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, 3.7V 1300mAH
Speaker: Built in speaker
USB: 2.0
polanskiman offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:53 pm

You could have kept it all in one thread....
TT is outdated and not really the first choice for a CE device.
BT only works in versions that support it and if the device is compatible.
Since I don't know if your version has BT support you have to check if you can replace it with one that does.
IMHO it is not worth it and you should seek alternatives like IGO and for the off road stuff maybe OziExplorer.
Keep in mind that with such a tiny display it might be hard to use programs with a lot of detail and small buttons.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby polanskiman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:51 am

Downunder35m wrote:You could have kept it all in one thread....
TT is outdated and not really the first choice for a CE device.
BT only works in versions that support it and if the device is compatible.
Since I don't know if your version has BT support you have to check if you can replace it with one that does.
IMHO it is not worth it and you should seek alternatives like IGO and for the off road stuff maybe OziExplorer.
Keep in mind that with such a tiny display it might be hard to use programs with a lot of detail and small buttons.

Hello,

Thank you for the answer. I was responding and asking a question specifically to someone who created his own thread and who has experience with a Peaklife GPS. Not sure what is wrong with that. The thread created here is wider in terms of requests and audience. I do not consider it double posting.

My devices has Bluetooth capabilities and I do have IGO8 already installed but I honestly dislike that program, which is more complicated, cluttered and slower than Tomtom. I am used to Tomtom as I have a Tomtom Go Live already which serves me well in the car.

The Peaklife is for my Motorcycle therefore BT is simply critical. Does anyone know if the version of TT stated above supports bluetooth? If yes what should I do to make it work? If it doesn't are newer versions of TT compatible with my device?

If I am going to wrong path, which navigation software other than Tomtom and IGO8 would you recommend for this device?

Thank you all again for the answers you may provide.

Cheers.
polanskiman offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:55 am

The only versions of tomtom navigator 7 that work on windows ce are 7.450 and 7.910, in operation they are both the same. no versions of tomtom navigator 7 directly support Bluetooth headsets as this should be handled by the host OS, it is a windows mobile application after all.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Chit-Chat