Intro Post   

Here you post everything that is not related to other forum areas.
stuff like how you like this forum for example ;)

Intro Post

Postby storeman » Sat May 09, 2015 6:35 am

Hi,

Found this site after deciding to buy a Peugeot 308 with the RNEG navigation system. I've been using navigation devices for many years but never been more involved than using the devices to find my way around the place. I started with TomTom on a PDA then moved on to a Navman device. I didn't like that as much as the TomTom software and discovered a way of putting TomTom software onto the Navman. This was great as long as you didn't allow the Navman battery to totally die. From there I had a couple of TomTom devices then progressed to Smartphones firstly by trying out the free navigation offerings but ended up using TomTom again. Guess I must prefer the voices from TT :)

Now I need navigation for my job and didn't want the hassle of keep hiding the device everytime I stop the car so went with the onboard navigation. I'm aware that the Peugeot / Navteq offerings have their limitations from reading comments in a Peugeot forum but I'm prepared to give it a fair try. Initial reaction is it seems better than I expected based on other users comments. I know next to nothing about my particular device but I'm hoping to learn and one day be in a position to be able to make some meaningful contributions to others who are in my current position.
New to on board navigation having just bought a Peugeot 308 with the RNEG navigation system.

The car came with 2010 / 11 maps
storeman offline

Re: Intro Post

Postby chas521 » Sat May 09, 2015 11:58 am

Suggest that you post this in the Peugeot section.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Chit-Chat