Hello from sunny warrington   

Here you post everything that is not related to other forum areas.
stuff like how you like this forum for example ;)

Hello from sunny warrington

Postby loftlex » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Hi, Newbie here so please be gentle :)

i have a few old sat navs that i want ot mess about with so after some pointers and help, so i guess you will be seeing a few posts from me in the future

i need help with a binatone x350, running win ce 6,, trying to get hold of a working voxtel rom, and also a mio digiwalker running win ce 4.2, both have been sitting in a draw for ages till my father in law broke his sat nav and needed a working sat nav with a headphone jack so he could use it on his bike..

anyway,, long story short,, i started messing with these old sat navs and i i am wondering what they can run, what runs best on them and stuff like that :)

followed the binatone tut,, but the downloads are dead, and full of popups :(

any help or pointers would be great :)
loftlex offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:19 pm

What do you want to know about the Mio? What model is it and the specs?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby loftlex » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:09 pm

my mio is a mio digiwalker c710 cm-2k and i have seen one the same on abay that looke like a pda with shortcuts to tom tom and the display looks totaly diffrent, but its the same model,, so i want to be able to mess about with it and use it to its full potential :)
loftlex offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:11 pm

I can't find any information about your device so I'm going to have start assuming. The first thing you should do to the Mio is attach it via USB to the computer. Next, copy all the files/folders from the internal Mio's drive to your computer as a back up - just in case. Now delete everything from your Mio. Next, we're going to try and unlock the device so you can use other navs. So, go here and download this and then copy/paste all the files/folders to your now blank disk drive.
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?8816-Mio-3.3-unlock-modified-for-use-w-Primo2

Next, we're gonna add this program to a new SD card. Pay attention to the last post that shows how to minimize. You're gonna do that.
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-16-2011

In the sys.txt, change the numbers 480_272 to 320_240 - exactly as written here.

Do NOT add much contents to the content folders since we don't know how much memory you've got!

You can start asking questions now if need be since the other mods know what they're doing. I'm not online tomorrow [Sunday]. Back Monday.

Good luck.

Oh, after doing all the above completely shutdown your device, wait a few seconds and re-start.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby loftlex » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi
Thanks for the pointers but nothing seems to work,,

i got all the downloads but i am unable to transfer them to the system,,

in fact the only way i was able to even see what was on my mio system was to download a program called mio transfer, then download a hacked .exe file so i could see the dirs and files,

nothing shows up in my computer,,,

i can move individual files from my pc to the mio, but i can not transfer whole dir's,, and i can make folders and delete dirs and folders from the mio,, but i am reluctant to do so seeing i can not make a back up :(

to be honest i just want to be able to update the maps or sat nav software on it,,, seeing the maps are from 2006...

is there a simple way of doing this?

thanks for all your help :).
loftlex offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Unless you have a cracked program from here, you cannot use the free maps and other content due to a license issue. Correct me if I'm wrong but you are speaking of MioMap which hasn't been updated by the Mio folks for quite a few years. MioMap uses a different system entirely. I'm trying to have you work with iGO8 which can be updated.

If I understand you correctly, Mio Transfer is the only way for you to see the Mio internal device and its files/folders. I don't understand what you're talking about regarding the hacked .exe. When you plug the device into your USB port via a cable, does the computer show anything in My Computer? What about Device Manager?

If you will, try this. Create the necessary individual folders on your computer then copy the individual files into each folder. And if you have to, do the reverse for my 3.3 unlock. Yeah I know it's a PITA but if you can't do the copying in mass, then you should try it one by one. Once my unlock gets on your device, you should be able to see it in My Computer. A suggestion, for every folder that you remove from your internal, put the same folder from my unlock on the device - as you remove one put one on.

You could also look into MioPocket unlock which may be easier for you and faster. Just know though that MP makes changes in the registry.
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?2085-MioPocket-Lite-%28Unlock-for-WinCE-based-devices%29

Method #1: SD Card Installation [preferred]:

1) If you're running an earlier 4.0 release of MioPocket, ensure that MioPocket is not running (either with a hard reset or closing MioPocket via the power menu) and then copy the MioAutoRun folder to the drive where you installed MioPocket, overwriting files. If you're running a 3.0 or earlier release of MioPocket or a different unlock, you will need to remove it. You can do that via the link on the Settings page or by hard resetting, then deleting the MioAutoRun folder on the SD card and the smaller one on the flash drive.

2) Unzip the MioPocket zip file (if you haven't already) to your computer. Do NOT unzip it directly to your SD card, as that often produces errors or corrupt files. Note: if you happen to get any warnings about viruses, you can safely ignore them, as no one writes viruses for Windows CE and any that are "found" are almost certainly false positives.

Mio Digiwalker (non-Moov) models only:

i. Copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and Mortscript.exe to the root of your SD card, then rename them according to the following:

* c320, c520, c620, c720, c725 and c728: No renaming necessary †
* c310: Rename MioAutoRun.exe to c310Auto.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to c310Auto.mscr
* c510: Rename MioAutoRun.exe to c510Auto.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to c510Auto.mscr
* c710: Rename MioAutoRun.exe to c710Auto.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to c710Auto.mscr. If that doesn't work, rename them to Oscar200DM.exe and Oscar200DM.mscr
* c210: Rename MioAutoRun.exe to goce.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to goce.mscr
* c220 and c250: Rename MioAutoRun.exe to oscar91adm.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to oscar91adm.mscr. If that doesn't work, rename them to goce.exe and goce.mscr
* c230: Rename MioAutoRun.exe to autorun_ABC.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to autorun_ABC.mscr. If that doesn't work, rename them to goce.exe and goce.mscr
* h610: Rename MioAutoRun.exe to H610Auto.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to H610Auto.mscr
* 268 and 269: No renaming necessary (usually). Switch off the device from the back of the device, using the stylus. Just as it comes back on, quickly hold the Volume Up and Flag/Set buttons down for a few seconds. Choose No at the prompt, then tap on the grey taskbar at the bottom, choose Start, then Windows Explorer and browse to and run the MioAutoRun.exe that you copied to the SD card. Skip to Step 6. If none of that works, try renaming MioAutoRun.exe to Oscar100DM.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to Oscar100DM.mscr, then using the stylus and buttons as described.
* 268+ and 269+: Rename MioAutoRun.exe to autorunce.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to autorunce.mscr. If that does not work, try created a MioMap folder on your SD card, copying all three files there and renaming MioAutoRun.exe to MioMap.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to MioMap.mscr
* 136: Rename MioAutoRun.exe to autorunmio136na.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to autorunmio136na.mscr
* Other Digiwalker models: Try all of the above names to see if any of them work.

Note: If the first file is listed in the folder simply as "MioAutoRun" (no ".exe"), then do not include the ".exe" in the new file name, either, because it means that the ".exe" is already there and being hidden by the operating system.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Chit-Chat