GPS NOOB needs help   

Here you post everything that is not related to other forum areas.
stuff like how you like this forum for example ;)

GPS NOOB needs help

Postby Rubby » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:44 pm

In which forum would I post in order to get help figuring what I need to get my Chinese GPS unit up and running. I think I want Igo but since I know nothing about GPS I'm not sure. I believe I am in need of the program and maps to get started. But then the description of [Please Register or Login to download file] says it has Careland maps built in but I can't find them. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rubby

PS After further searching I thought I had ordered a unit that used Windows CE and now I don't see that anywhere in regards to this unit. I suppose I looked at too many units when shopping and in the end picked the wrong one. There is however, a folder on the root directory labeled "Windows". I don't know whether that means it runs Windows or what. I am completely at a loss where to begin except that the company I bought it from said it should run most non-device specific maps.
GPS unit [Please Register or Login to download file]
RAM 128MB
Rubby offline

User avatar Junior Member

win ce?

Postby acres09 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:51 pm

hi it looks lke it has win ce4 or5?
it has a memory card slot which is good so if you download igo8 edition and some maps from this forum, put them onto the tf/sd card and into the unit.
now on the screen it has a nav path button.click on it and find the igo8 exe file on the card , click on it and make that the nav path?.
now run the nav and see if it runs igo8, watch out for errors if it does not open .hope that make sense , but do a lot of reading on this excellent site and you will get it up and running!!
acres09 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:21 pm

1, Download a copy of iGO8/Primo and maps, place the maps and other content into the relevant folders, there are several guides as to what the files are and where they go.
2, Transfer the iGO folder to a suitable memory card.
3, Find in the device menu a Nav path or similar option.
4, Set the path to point to the iGO executable on the memory card.

If you get an error like Application database can't be found, post back.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Chit-Chat