Doing my head in with information overload but really enjoyi   

Here you post everything that is not related to other forum areas.
stuff like how you like this forum for example ;)

Doing my head in with information overload but really enjoyi

Postby Jason_Azzopardi » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:17 am

I don't profess to be pc literate, nor GPSr literate. I am just a carpenter... But I am learning so much, at times my head seems to be spinning. I find myself going without sleep trying to fix the problems that I have made on my Garmin Oregon 400t, thanks to this site I have all but resolved one issue, hey at least it works again now!!!

I still find it hard to get around this site (but like I said i'm a carpenter we don't use pc's or the net or GPSr for that matter).

The issue I have is that whilst tinkering (silly me) I installed files over the top of my Garmin original topo files. I then deleted those files and have lost my original factory files... I downloaded the Garmin Topo OZ and NZ V3 pack from huntsman, ive got it up on mapsource, unlocked, selected it and installed it to my memory card this time, but no luck. Get a msg saying Cant Authenticate maps when I boot up my GPSr. I guess the maps are not unlocked properly or my unit just doesnt like them.. I am trying to get the 3d happening again on my GPSr it states no 3d maps installed. Any one got any clues...

Best I not forget to say, love the learning and thanks for letting a simpleton like me be able to enjoy the outdoors again wit my kids geocaching. If it wasn't for the help I have been able to get the school holidays would have been a disaster . If anyones lives in the Macedon Ranges Shire, Victoria, Australia, let me know.
:)
Cheers Jason A
Jason_Azzopardi offline

Return to Chit-Chat