Dead Crows   

Here you post everything that is not related to other forum areas.
stuff like how you like this forum for example ;)

Dead Crows

Postby gezt » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:21 am

The dead Crow mystery finally solved

To determine how 200 crows died, one would expect a thorough investigation; however, who would expect such a finding?

Crow Mystery Solved
Researchers for the Irish National Roads Authority found over 200 dead crows near Cork recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu.

The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts. However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analysing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.

NRA then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills. The Ornithological Behaviourist very quickly concluded the cause:

When crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger. They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Truck."

Absolutely amazing:chok_mini:
Gez
Always said I'm slow on this computer stuff, but give me a 60s pinball machine and i will give you 1,000,000 points
gezt offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:34 am

I think it is not a Truck problem or a problem of fast moving traffic.
The reason behing their death is pretty simple:
Instead of actually searching and hunting for food the go the lazy way and take whatever is left around fodd outlets or dead on the road.
Now, while eating roadkill, consider that fact that there is always one poor crow that has to watch the sky and other things to war the rest...
The smart crow warns their friends for every small incident, but stays silent for bid trucks and fast moving cars.
Why??
Very simple! Instead of waiting to get the left overs the smart crow kills all other crows and has everything for itself.
Downside is that this poor crow now is alone and has to watch for the traffic while having a good dinner on the road.
So just watch out for single crows on the road and try not to kill them as they are the smart ones ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby chas521 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:26 pm

Is this what they call "fast food?"
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby gezt » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:00 pm

brilliant post guys, certainly made me laugh with your responses.:clap::clap:
Gez
Always said I'm slow on this computer stuff, but give me a 60s pinball machine and i will give you 1,000,000 points
gezt offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Only above 120km/h it counts for fast food, below that it is just road kill - or flat meat ;)
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:21 pm

I once hit an owl in a van, does that count?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:52 pm

How did the owl get into the van and how come you did not see the van in time???
;)
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Silly owl jumped out of a tree right in front of me as I was driving along a lane.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Chit-Chat