7" Chines GPS   

Here you post everything that is not related to other forum areas.
stuff like how you like this forum for example ;)

7" Chines GPS

Postby fritz42_male » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:28 am

Hi all,
iGO8 user here. Just got rid of a TomTom (less than a year old) because it came with 3 year old maps and they wanted a ridiculous amount of money to update it.

Had a Navman S50 hacked to run iGO8 and that worked well until it was stolen.

Enjoying my new Chinese 7" GPS with wireless reversing cam, FM and Bluetooth support for less than 3 new maps would have cost.
fritz42_male offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:57 am

fritz42_male wrote:iGO8 user here. Just got rid of a TomTom (less than a year old) because it came with 3 year old maps and they wanted a ridiculous amount of money to update it.

Sorry to hear that you got rid of your TT. You probably could have updated the maps from here. Oh well.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby fritz42_male » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:16 am

Nope - the one I had uses OS 11 which has no 'normal' access to files. I can't update it or hack it in any way.

Just as a matter of interest, any ideas why I can't post new threads in the other areas? My post count is over 5?
fritz42_male offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:41 am

Some areas are closed for posting to keep the forum clean and make it easier to react to new postings.
You can always post in the gerenal diskussion and if appropriate a mod will move the thread, let's say to the tutorials.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby chas521 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:34 pm

fritz42_male wrote: Just as a matter of interest, any ideas why I can't post new threads in the other areas? My post count is over 5?

I assume that you're speaking about the iGO section. As Downunder35m posted, just put your post in the general discussion sub-section and if necessary, it will be moved to the appropriate section. ;)
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby crb247 » Tue May 22, 2012 1:56 am

Glad you are enjoying your Generic Unit. I have several. it appears most of them come with a bare bones cracked copy of iGO Primo 1.2. Taking the weekend I dug around on the web and with the abundance of information around, made a fully functional, clean install of primo 2.0 on it.

Just as a side note... I find with the smaller (5") generic units paying the extra few dollars for the 800x480 screen, 128Mb RAM, and a mainstream chipset is well worth it.... especially if you want to run .dem files and enjoy smoother tts.
crb247 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Return to Chit-Chat