Brain fried binatone b350 to tomtom   

Here you post everything that is not related to other forum areas.
stuff like how you like this forum for example ;)

Brain fried binatone b350 to tomtom

Postby yanis » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:11 am

Hi all,
I'm exausted and I'm a noob. I have a binatone b350 with uk and ireland maps would like to make it tomtom with new maps but have spent 2 days going in circles trying to find where and which tomtom to download? how to install/guide. where to get maps? keep finding dead linkd and links that want to charge my mobile phone for services before i can download etc. Im so fed up I hope someone can help. I'm so tired i dont even know if im posting in right place.

Thanks in advance
Please help.

Yanis.
yanis offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:41 am

Forget about TT, use Igo or Primo ;)
TT is too complicated to install and far too outdated.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby yanis » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:33 am

Anyone got a guide to putting Igo Primo and maps on binatone b350?

Oh and links to downloads would be great. I would love to not be depicted driving thru forests anymore while on new motorways :)
yanis offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:41 am

Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby yanis » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks for the link fatboyfun and also to downunder 35m. I will get a new 2gb card tomorow and try the Igo Primo. Will the b350 run version 2.0 or will i vave to look at an older one. I havent any files dL yet. I will let ye know how it goes. Thanks again.
yanis offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:42 pm

It will run yurbuh tuggly's version with tts pro but will struggle with dem and 3D building files...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby yanis » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:05 am

Installed yurbuh tuggly's version worked no problem found satelittes quickly. I have maps from Q3 2011 from a friend. going to test drive this afternoon then I just need to find POI and those sort od bits and bobs and and I will be all set. Will report tomorrow when I get back.
yanis offline

Postby yanis » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Well, the Binatone B350 running iGo Primo 2.0 with all european. fbl maps and all map types and content pack for UK/ROI has been tested. This unit only supports sd cards up to 2GB (correct me if im wrong) i think and I'm not sure how much more I can put on it. It runs like a dream a new lease of life for this little unit. The only things that I have not tried yet is phoneme (dont know what it is) and 3d buildings and terrain as Fatboyfun pointed out it may struggle. I will probably test these features and report back in a few days. Small writing on the unit is not that sharp at certan times (probably down to resolution being only 320x240) and early in a couple of trips it showed me driving on a paralell road a few metres away for a few seconds. These two roads are quite close 2 to 4 metres I suspect that this may be when the unit is first turned on and has only locked the bare minium of satellites. I may be wrong here too but it has not happened to me later on in trips. these are only small issues and dont bother me.
Anyway much thanks to all who helped get this noob back on track :)
yanis offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Chit-Chat