BitTorrent / Magnet - Use OpenSource and avoid Payloading software   

Here you post everything that is not related to other forum areas.
stuff like how you like this forum for example ;)

BitTorrent / Magnet - Use OpenSource and avoid Payloading software

Postby toratuip » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:23 pm

This can be subject to change when you read it - so please take it as a - AT THIS MOMENT ADVICE

Hi guys, I am today new, I had some trouble with some Igo maps, sorting it out and I wanted to thank this community with a few thoughts. My first one is there are quite a few people that are not doing it right when it comes with installing software on their computer.
Reading this thread: http://www.navitotal.com/maps-buildings-dem-poi-f82/europe-tomtom-2015-torrent-t17430.html

I realised there are few people that might be victims of AD/Malware by using the wrong software intalled.

I am not saying I am a genius, I just don't want people to make the same mistakes I did.

Today I am gonna speak only about:

BitTorrent / Magnet download clients:

In the past I was using Bitcomet, I even had alot of those points :), then I realised something happened to my e-mail account (straight from China). Then I got interested on something under GPL licence (Open Source), and I had installed uTorrent. Few years was ok until they changed the installation setup program and added few adware with it. Ofcourse this one failed too, they were sold I think and therefore interest gains win over community trust.

Then I got really read up on this topic, and to my surprise we have a nice BitTorrent client out there for use:

A nice comparisson of all the clients
Wiki source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_BitTorrent_clients

qBittorrent 3.2.1 today's version
http://www.qbittorrent.org/

This client, has Bit/magnet, limit, prio and has encryption in conjunction with TorBrowser would make you a bit more secure on your "bad" clicks.

Lets start using Open Source Software, GPL / GNU - they are more safe and FREE not free with viruses like the other programs out there doesnt mather the platform (PC, MacOSX, Linux or other UNIXes).

Thank you community,
Tupi
toratuip offline

Re: BitTorrent / Magnet - Use OpenSource and avoid Payloading software

Postby tendriver » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:03 am

Welcome to Navitotal.

Today I am gonna reply only about:
BitTorrent / Magnet download clients:

Navitotal does not use torrents for reasons that have been discussed numerous times on this forum.

:thread_solved:
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to Chit-Chat