Blaupunkt New York 830   

Blaupunkt New York 830

Postby bernievink » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:18 am

Hi Folks
I own two Peugeot 308 s both are 2009 models one is a wagon the other is a hatch.
Both have head units which are 2 DIN Blaupunkt New York 830 units.
One has a 2 GB micro-SD card the other has an 8 GB micro-SD card.

Navieextras company happily allow me to update one of these approx once per year for a fee of 119 Euros.
The other even though it is identical and is registered with their website has been stuck on 2015Q1 software for over 2 years. the Navieextras website keeps telling me there are no updates available,
even though my other unit is offered regular updates at a cost.
I recently bought an XGODY GPS from china for a motorhome and noticed the software was almost identical to the Blaupunkt software.
I took the risk of inserting a spare 8 GB micro-SD card with the XGODY software into the Blaupunkt and was pleasantly surprised that it worked but with one minor problem.
That was speech was delayed or first words cut off.
In another thread from this forum I found information on how to solve this.
So Navieextras will no longer be receiving lots of money from me every year to update my units software.
Regards
Bernie
bernievink offline

Re: Blaupunkt New York 830

Postby bernievink » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:56 am

I sent a query to Navieextras asking why they were refusing to supply me with updates to one of my Blaupunkt New York 830 head units.
Then I explained to them I had extracted the software from the XGODY GPS and inserted it into the Blaupunkt New York 830 head unit they refused to update.
I told them it was working perfectly and now would be able to do my program and map updates for free. Their refusal to allow me to update led to me finding a free solution.
Their reply was that they believed the software and maps from free websites would damage my Blaupunkt New York 830 head units, because they were not specifically written for these units.
bernievink offline

Re: Blaupunkt New York 830

Postby debeliamark » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:36 am

You will achieve success for sure, modding Blaupunkt unit to work with patched app and free maps, but you need first to see what exactly application version is originaly in Blaupunkt unit. After this - find a patched version with nearly same version, construct all needed files in structure like original ones ( you can use it from Blaupunk, just replace main executable ), delete unneeded licenses and other data and add just maps + poi + speedcams + userdata that only you need ( this will make a faster device ). Must be fine!
debeliamark offline

Return to Blaupunkt