Becker Z098 with IGO Truck v2.0   

Becker Z098 with IGO Truck v2.0

Postby bimby » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Again, before posting i did read, search...but nada. Does anyone have any idea of how to put the IGO Truck v2.0 on a becker device?
After i managed, with the big help of nabi, to make my Z098 an updateable device with another IGO8 version, yesterday i tried the truck version with no succes. Replaced the igo 8 folder, recreate a sys.txt file... There is something wrong, because i receive the next message: 'insert sd card...'. So i change the line from storage content to SDCard...nothing.
Again i hope to solve it and repost the whole process here.
Thx in advance!
bimby offline

Postby nabi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:41 pm

The SDcard is called StorageCard. Changing the name won't help. On the contrary.
But (and I am not sure of this) I do think the z098 can only handle SD cards, not SDHC cards. Possible you took a new SDHC?

Basically, the setup of Primo is the very same as the setup of iGO8, so redo your steps carefully.
You must keep the existing path alive, meaning the Primo folder should be called IGO8 and the exe file IGO8.EXE. And the content should be on the same spot as well. Sys.txt can be the same.

Look out for the content in the content folder. Map content (Maps, POI, building files, ...) are the same files and thus can be shared. Not all voices can, not all languages can. The same for schemes. And certainly skins can NOT. More, having two content folders (even with different names) on the same SD (or in same memory) will crash Primo. (not iGO)

Mixing content in one content folder can be done (I do it) but will makes things (very) difficult. There are content incompatibilities across iGO 8.3 and primo, and if you ran into one incompatibility, you will surely get an error and/or crashes (both iGO and Primo). The key is to get those incompatibilities out of the way, but that is tricky and frustrating. You need to have a lot of patience to overcome these.
Thus it's best and safest to have a separate Primo content folder and iGO content folder. Replace them on the SD or use different SD's.

oh, I found this : http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?10224-Becker-z098-says-insert-sd-card-after-copying-primo-to-8-gig-sdhc-card
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby bimby » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:06 pm

Nabi thank you again for your quick response. That thread i already bookmarked it, read it, but wasn't the answer to my questions. First of all Z098 does support microSDHC/microSD cards and only microSDs. The card that i used for the previous process is a 4GB microSDHC card and works fine. Again i'll do my very best to make it work and i'll come back describing the whole process.
Thx again!

***Updates: the 'insert sd card...' message was fixed by renaming the i3-Primo.exe to iGO8.exe. So the card is being recognized.
Second i got a 'global cfg not found' message which was fixed by copying the global_cfg folder from the igo primo content to my content.
Now it starts by showing the primo screen than the becker one and a warning pop-up telling me that the aplication failed to start last time and asking me if i want to do a factory reset. If i choose no keeps coming back with the same message. I'll look for a fix.
bimby offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:06 pm

BTW all versions of Primo are truck capable, Just go into vehicle profiles and select Default Truck.

You will need the .FTR file for your region in the map folder, this contains the truck restrictions.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bimby » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:12 pm

Already did that, but i want to see what is capable of the Primo software.
Thx for the heads-up!
bimby offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:25 pm

If you get a failed attempt at starting any version of iGO, always delete the save folder before the next attempt.

It saves faulty information within it which causes more problems, even if you fix the original problem.

It will be recreated.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bimby » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:If you get a failed attempt at starting any version of iGO, always delete the save folder before the next attempt.

It saves faulty information within it which causes more problems, even if you fix the original problem.

It will be recreated.

No fix by now. I'll keep trying.
bimby offline

Postby atomantmk » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:01 pm

bimby wrote:Nabi thank you again for your quick response. That thread i already bookmarked it, read it, but wasn't the answer to my questions. First of all Z098 does support microSDHC/microSD cards and only microSDs. The card that i used for the previous process is a 4GB microSDHC card and works fine. Again i'll do my very best to make it work and i'll come back describing the whole process.
Thx again!

***Updates: the 'insert sd card...' message was fixed by renaming the i3-Primo.exe to iGO8.exe. So the card is being recognized.
Second i got a 'global cfg not found' message which was fixed by copying the global_cfg folder from the igo primo content to my content.
Now it starts by showing the primo screen than the becker one and a warning pop-up telling me that the aplication failed to start last time and asking me if i want to do a factory reset. If i choose no keeps coming back with the same message. I'll look for a fix.

Try with software from link, but first make a backup of your old software.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
atomantmk offline

User avatar Junior Member

Return to Becker