Disk is unreadable   

Disk is unreadable

Postby xaphones » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:00 am

Hi,

I have a problem with burning RNS-E 2013 ISO.
I have Audi S3 from 2003. SW is 0650

I tried with DVD+R DL:
  1. Just burning the ISO with Windows 7 default creator. Result: 'Please insert navigation disk', or something like that.
  2. Using ImgBurn and setting booktype to DVD-ROM: Result: some errors concerning Write access to sectors after 28% of burning...
  3. Using a Samsung built-in burning software. It has an option 'change book type'. I chose DVD-ROM. Result: burning successful, but car's computer says: 'Disk unreadable', though my PC can read it.

Any ideas? Maybe my car is too old to support DL DVD? What to do next?

Thanks in advance
xaphones offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:16 am

Since most of these DVD use some form of copy protection you'll need proper software that can handle it.
There is freeware like image burner or tools that should be able to handle every format you throw at them like Alcohol120%, Deamon Tools or Gizmo.
Using standard software like yours might not work at all, Nero might be able to do it though.
In general you have to check if there are additional infos for the image, like DVD type required, burn settings and max write speed.
For copy protected stuff the slowest is often is the best.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to Audi/Volkswagen/Seat/Skoda (VAG Group)