Are there any VW North America downloads available?   

Are there any VW North America downloads available?

Postby cctomtom » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Looking to upgrade a Touareg that has a limited map that thinks I have fallen off the edge of the earth when I enter my neighboring state. Even if not the latest version a national map would be a big plus. Seems that all listed here are for Europe. Would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.
Thank you!
cctomtom offline

Postby jimls » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:02 am

[Please Register or Login to download file]
jimls offline

Postby cctomtom » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Jimls,
Thanks for the tip. That sure looks like it would help people with late model cars but alas it will not help those with older VWs.
Sadly I found that for older VWs* the most recent version of the NAV maps from Navteq are the 7B versions that were released in August 2009.
Yup, nearly three years without a single update! This helps explain why they can't be found - they simply don't exisit!

*Such as models equiped with DVD** like the Eos 2006 - 2008, Golf 2006 - 2008, GTI 2006 - 2008, R32 2008, Touareg 2006 - 2008.

**In some 2005 and earlier models both DVD and CD NAV systems were available. Some of these CD based systems also use the 7B map but broken up by region on a series of 10 CDs for North America. So, for example, if you have a 2005 CD based Nava system then the best you can hope for is updating it to the August 2009 7B version which means you probably shouldn't waste your time on it. Just get a portable NAV device instead.
cctomtom offline

Return to Audi/Volkswagen/Seat/Skoda (VAG Group)