Voice stutter in Igo Primo on Android   

Voice stutter in Igo Primo on Android

Postby ivanlaszik » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:00 am

Hy folks,
Not a new user of igo, neither of Android. So for 2-3 weeks I had igo primo installed on a desire HD, everything worked magically then one day I decided to install a custom rom, the CyanogenMod, maybe some of you heard of it, now I reinstalled igo and the voice stutters. No hardware has changed, same sd card.
The sugestion of other SD card from http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?4875-Stuttering-TTS-cures-for-Primo-1.1&highlight=stutter did not help, tried it with 4 different ones. (the same card has been used in the other ROM where no stutter).
I did a readtest on the card from the phone and it showed 25MB/s also increased sd card cache, with an app from market, to 2048.
Now, the interesting thing is that the stutter happenes with a few voices only, but the same few voices worked great before the reinstallation and still work on a PNA. I did reinstall igo several times on the new rom, even tried 3 different packages.

Besides this I would like to install igo completly on the internal memory, I copied the apk in the internal memory, also the igo folder, ran the installation but on start of igo it still searches on the SD card for the igo folder. How can this be changed?

Regards,
Ivan.
ivanlaszik offline

Postby nabi » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:34 am

Hmm, when it can't be solved it must be the custom rom responsible.
Have you got these lines in sys.txt?

[debug]
queue_length=200
sound_q_length=250

[sound]
queue_length=200
sound_q_length=250
use_method=1
mute_os_key=1
ding=0

Just asking.
Did you try another voice?
Oh, Loquende or Nuance?

I have no knowledge of Android. Thus forgive me for asking stupid questions.
When you installed in the internal memory, did you install everything there, including the content (map, voices, ...)?
Do you know what Primo is looking for on the sd? And when there is an sd inserted, is there something on it? (I ask because Windows PDA installation - needs 2577 folder - searches on sd for a newer program version on start up)
Can it be that in sys.txt is an entry, pointing to the sd?
When there is a save folder (in Windows the save folder is used to store all settings) rename it randomly, so on start up, Primo should make a new one and you need to do the setup again. But this way is a fresh start.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby ivanlaszik » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:30 am

I would gladly do al those settings in sys.txt the problem is that there is no sys.txt. It seems that the installation on Android is different and I thought somebody around here knows the file setup for igo on Android.
There is only one installation package ATM for android, normally one executes it from the sd card, it does what it does then there is a folder provided called igo which containes the content folder and license which needs to be copied to the SD. Then upon starting igo it does "another installation" where it searches for the igo folder on the sd card. If its there it starts and can be used. Since I have the stutter problem I wanted to edit the sys.txt but there is no such file. I searched the entire internal memory and sd card = NOTHING. That is why I asked here because also from this forum I found the android igo package. I also searched for igo in my entire phone and besides the igo folder with content and license file and the installation package nothing else has been found to point out where it is installed.
If the igo installation is done from the internal memory it still searches for igo folder with content on the SD. Thats what I want to find out, how to make igo look for the igo folder with content on the internal memory.
With the windows version I have no trouble, I know it pretty well.

PS: if igo folder is missing from sd card, igo just says "No Igo folder found / SD card" or something like that and exits. It doesn`t create one by it self.
ivanlaszik offline

Postby ivanlaszik » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:06 pm

Ok, so I finally found the sys.txt file in Android (/data/data/com.navngo.igo.javaclient/sys.txt), played arround with those settings, gave smaller and bigger values to queue_length and sound_q_length but no improvement.
Any other suggestions of sys.txt entries are highly appreciated.

Ivan.
ivanlaszik offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:54 pm

ivanlaszik wrote:Ok, so I finally found the sys.txt file in Android (/data/data/com.navngo.igo.javaclient/sys.txt), played arround with those settings, gave smaller and bigger values to queue_length and sound_q_length but no improvement.
Any other suggestions of sys.txt entries are highly appreciated.

Ivan.

Actually I do. Be warned though LOL, like Nabi I'm an Android novice. You can look and try though. In the voice file that you use is a file called info.ini. In info.ini is tts_rate= [probably 40]. Play with that number - try 50. Don't forget to save the info.ini before exiting after you make a change.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ivanlaszik » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:30 pm

The thing is I use normal voices, non-tts, because those are not working on Android. (or maybe they are but I dont know how to get them to work).
Anyway, there is no tts_rate in normal voices. I also found out that this stuttering only happenes on Android Gingerbread 2.3+. On froyo every voice is flawless.
Other sugestions are welcome !

Ivan.
ivanlaszik offline

Postby lanceshaw » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:38 pm

ivanlaszik wrote:So for 2-3 weeks I had igo primo installed on a desire HD, everything worked magically

Hi

How did you get Primo working in Android. I had to use MotoNav - Have been looking for Primo on android for ages. BTW, Motonav also has the same issue on Gingerbread too with the stuttering.
lanceshaw offline

Postby ivanlaszik » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:46 pm

it is acually igo 8.4.2 (i wrote primo in the title because it kinda looks like it). it is acually the same version of igo which everybody has, also tried motonav, indeed same problem.
ivanlaszik offline

Postby bazzle » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:54 pm

You will need to activate the Android voice in Voice Input and Output Settings, Text to Speech settings, default engine (prob Pico), then language.
It may ask to download from the Market, (ok)
Thats the 1st step to try.

Bazzle
bazzle offline

User avatar Senior Member

Return to Android Discussion