Using SVOX voices with "unlimited" trial and make them avail   

Using SVOX voices with "unlimited" trial and make them avail

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:32 pm

I had the problem of finding a proper australian voice for my Primo.
Ivona is really good but has no pronounciation correction in the trial, so I got SVOX Olivia instead.
Next problem I noticed was there are no system TTS voices available in Primo :(
Solution is to use the TTS patch I mentioned in the [color="#0000CD"]other thread[/color].
[Please Register or Login to download file] .
But that still leaves the problem of the trial running out in two weeks....
The solution for that was found by Dark Plastic, so credits go to him!

Tools you need:
1. File manager with root access, like [Please Register or Login to download file] rooted device recommended ;)
2. [Please Register or Login to download file]

1. Install the [Please Register or Login to download file] from the Play Store.
2. Install the trial version of the language pack you seek.
3. Run the laguage pack trial and confirm you get voice output.
4. With you file manager go to /data/data/com.svox.classic.langpack.xxxxxx_trial/shared_prefs/ (xxxxxx represents the name of the language pack)
5. Edit settings.xml.xml , change the 3rd line to <string name="endTime">99999999999</string>. Don't forget to save
6. Change the permission of "settings.xml.xml" file. Check the boxes of "Read" for Owner and Group. Uncheck other boxes.
7. Change the permission of the "shared_prefs" folder. Check the boxes of "Read" for Owner and Group, and "Execute" for Owner, Group and Others. Uncheck other boxes
8. Now, run Lucky Patcher
9. Select the language pack, click Open Menu of Patches, select Change Permission and Activities, select Change Permissions!
10. Select INTERNET. When the word INTERNET becomes Red, click Apply (Reboot)

If you check again you will see your trial is still active but it will run out in the year 5138, and by then you will be 6 feet under ;)

Any program able to use the system installed TTS voices will work with these modified SVOX voices without the trial pop up.
It works for all current voices on trial.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Since we now can use all available SVOX voices, and hopefully it will stay this way, I was wondering of pushing this topic a bit further.
You can create your own pronounciation corrections so why not share them for words the we discover to be wrong and corrected?
To be precise: I'm talking about correcting the pronounciation for a specific word, not about replacing words only for navigational purposes as those "corrections" would also affect the readin of messages and ebooks for example.
I did some digging and althogh SVOX has not implemented user or other lexicons, the config file already contains switches for it.
SVOXAUTOUSERPREPROC = "ON"
SVOXAUTOUSERLEX = "OFF"
SVOXAUTOUSERPHONLEX = "OFF"
SVOXAUTOUSERLANGDETLEX = "OFF"

So maybe with some more digging I will find the place and filename for those lexicons too ;)
The config in inside a "svoxconfig.txt" located in the folder /svox/classic on your starge card/SD or internal memory, I can only talk for my N7 ;)
Within the "classic" folder you will find the language specif folders named by the international standard, eg. en-AU for australian englisch.
Inside the language folder you will find the corrections you have made so far, stored inside the file "ppXX1.txt". Where XX is the same as the folder name of the language.
Everything between

NETWORK USER_EXTENSION_NETWORK
NETWORKCOST = -10001
PRODUCTIONS
USER_STRINGS =

and

CONTEXTS
CONTEXT DEFAULT =
LAYER 1 ENABLE USER_EXTENSION_NETWORK USER_STRINGS

are your corrections.

Feel free to post your corrections here ;)
Maybe someone could be so nice to create somthing for Exel or similar to get the entries sorted by alphabet once we started collecting?
This way it would make things easier to create a lexicon for that could implemented as user based.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby zamar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Does not work, it always check the license
zamar offline

Re: Using SVOX voices with "unlimited" trial and make them avail

Postby marcy99 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:03 pm

Hi, Is there any chance you can upload the SVOX patch for me? the original thread has gone?
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Return to Android Discussion