TomTom Android Questions   

TomTom Android Questions

Postby Zakkary123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:40 am

Hey guys, hoping someone here can help with TT android. currently have a working version of 1.2, however map version is only 900.xxx (not sure exact version). I have two questions:
1. Is there a guide to updating and activating maps with fast activate or similar for ANDROID versions?
2. Is there a guide to get premium voices working on android? Currently have others (e.g. John Cleese) working by editing vif file, but premium voices such as homer have no sound.

I have searched this and other forums but cannot get these working due to androids lack of ".bif" files so a step-by-step guide might be useful for other users also.

Thanks,
Zakkary123 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:33 am

1. Very, very hard to miss - if you would read the threads in the section you post a thread that is...
2. The TT homepage would tell you that this feature is not available for Android.

I also uploaded a collection of Android voices (non premium), you are certain you did check for what you are looking for?? ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Zakkary123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:47 am

Sorry missed the sticky (was using my phone on mobile data - frustrating!). I understand there is no official support for voices but they can be used, I have many. I have downloaded several packs and gotten homer, but it is not the real version. I have the files and meta.text for several voices and can see them in the app, just no sound as they are not activated. Is there no way to use premium voices on android?

Thanks for your reply and sorry for missing the obvious!
Zakkary123 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:00 am

See pont 2. above ;)
If it would be possible we would offer the voices for Android.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Zakkary123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:16 am

So there is an android specific reason we cannot use premium voices? I thought I had read somewhere of people doing it with fastactivator, are you saying this is not possible?
Zakkary123 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:37 am

Why are you nagging about a problem that TT has to solve?
I told you it is not supported, also that you read about on TT homepage.
And I already said several times that it won't work -even if you ask another 10 times ;)
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Zakkary123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:42 am

Didn't mean to come across as nagging, I'm new to GPS and swamped with info. Thank you for your help.
Zakkary123 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:29 am

It is a difference between too much info and repeating the same question several times.
But as I said first check the official website for info on the program - if features are not listed there, you won't find a solution anywhere else.
The Android version is IMHO still in the beta stages every new version offers one or two new features, so we need to wait for a 1.3 or maybe even 2.0 until all features we know from normal PNA's will be included.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby sublacense » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:35 am

I have TT 1.3 version working on Android Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with TT map Europe 915.5074 and works greatly (no speedcams alert!)
sublacense offline

Postby carlmicro12 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:22 pm

pocket gps world do a speedcam alert program that when you start it up it launches tom tom and runs in the back ground works perfect all cameras updatable with voice warning it really is good
I would highly recommend
carlmicro12 offline

Return to Android Discussion