sorry got a couple of questions :-)   

sorry got a couple of questions :-)

Postby crasin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi all long time reader first time poster...
I have managed to install igo primo onto galaxy s3 and think it is great but need some advice on a couple of issues. .
First I have **** tts working but only Serena I think and her accent is terrible I.e A34 sounds like i34 do I have any other options?

Also I have the mirini (or similar) skin but would like to try some others but can't seem to find any in 1280 x720 for s3

And finally for now I have 3d compass in map settings and have to turn it of everytime I start igo I'd there a steering in system.txt to turn of permanently add don't like it

Many thanks in advance for any help and advice

Crasin
crasin offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:18 pm

crasin wrote:First I have **** tts working but only Serena I think and her accent is terrible I.e A34 sounds like i34 do I have any other options?

You can install different TTS voices from Google Play, iGO uses the default voice as defined in the Android settings.
crasin wrote:Also I have the mirini (or similar) skin but would like to try some others but can't seem to find any in 1280 x720 for s3

See if the Dimka skin supports that resolution.
crasin wrote:And finally for now I have 3d compass in map settings and have to turn it of everytime I start igo I'd there a steering in system.txt to turn of permanently add don't like it

Check the sys.txt to see if it's turned on by default there.
crasin wrote:Many thanks in advance for any help and advice
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby crasin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Ahh so what ever voice I set in options on my phone that's the voice in igo irrelevant of the voice I choose in igo and is the dimka skin in this forum or igo for pda? And any ideas what to look for in sys. Txt
Thanks again crasin
crasin offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:51 pm

I only have the S2 so i don't know about compatible skins for the S3 but look here http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?10530-Primo-Android-9.6.7 and scroll down to See Skins for Primo Android

Yes, the selected TTS voice in iGO only sets the language used, it doesn't set the voice.

Tell us where you got, and which version of Primo you have and post the sys.txt here...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Android Discussion