Not able to detect GPS Signal on Samsung Galaxy S3   

Not able to detect GPS Signal on Samsung Galaxy S3

Postby steven74 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:48 am

Hi all the sifu here,

I have Papago Navitotal M9 installed in this samsung galaxy S3 and it working well when I'm in Malaysia. I can detect GPS signal and navi around without any problem. But when I'm going to Thailand, I do not have data and wifi turining on, I just turn on GPS and open up the Papago app and switch to Thailand map, there is no GPS signal detect. I tried to wait for about 20 mins (I think it is very long time) but still searching for location signal.

When I turn on the WiFi which I have the WiFi access, the GPS signal able to detect easily and Papago can run without any problem.

Can anyone have this problem or is there any setting that I can do on this phone? I know that Papago can run without WiFi and data turning on, right?

Thanks and appreciate for your help.
steven74 offline

Postby agnes james » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:54 am

I have my own Galaxy S3. It was working nice. But after sometime it used to create some problem in wifi connection, Was not working. I had checked my router setting also but the problem was in Galaxy S3. But now I am glad to say that i got a solution which worked great for me:

tarunrai says (on other forum)

here’s a trick that can be applied to all kinds o
f WiFi issues on Galaxy s3:

1. Go to your GS3’s dialer and dial *#0011#

2. Now you have to hit the left menu button when you see the “service mode” screen

3. Choose WiFi

4. Turn off the “WiFi power save mode” button if its on

5. Now exit this menu. Turn off and turn on your WiFi. Re-enter the network info if you have already entered it before.

**hope this trick would give you some relief**
agnes james offline

Postby wapvirus » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:33 am

The simple way to do this is using FasterFix that you can download here: [Please Register or Login to download file]

Attention Root is required!

Change NTP depending on your location. For a full list of NTP server visit: [Please Register or Login to download file] .

Non Rooted Method

[Please Register or Login to download file]

[Please Register or Login to download file]

Both the above are for Samsung and won't work for HTC
wapvirus offline

Return to Android Discussion