amigo how to add skin on android device.   

amigo how to add skin on android device.

Postby belphegor » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:12 pm

After installing igo amigo on android device: base version, the natural next step is to customise and improve it with new skins.
Because of that for 240x320 version, the device must be rooted, why not, this is now done with the nice universalhandroot.
I installed also root manager which is supposed to go and write in the system.
In my case I do not succeed to add new directories and folders. Could you help me please to cross this new step.
May be an other soft (or and) processing to write in the system.
Many thanks for any help or suggestion to solve it.
Belphi
belphegor offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:43 pm

belphegor wrote:After installing igo amigo on android device: base version, the natural next step is to customise and improve it with new skins.
Because of that for 240x320 version, the device must be rooted, why not, this is now done with the nice universalhandroot.
I installed also root manager which is supposed to go and write in the system.
In my case I do not succeed to add new directories and folders. Could you help me please to cross this new step.
May be an other soft (or and) processing to write in the system.
Many thanks for any help or suggestion to solve it.
Belphi

This is a data.gro for Amigo but it is 320_240. Hope it helps. Make a back-up of your file first just in case. [Please Register or Login to download file]

EDIT: I may have found the proper data.gro for you. What version of Amigo do you have?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby belphegor » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:56 am

chas521
here are answers to your interrogations:
navigator Igo my way 8.4.2.139242 from Apr 13 2010
I tested your data gro and nothing change which means the additive skin is not recognised.
Is your attached data gro to fit in the system memory or on the SD card in the igo directory?
Because if it is for SD card it does not open my new skin (12carrera12).
If it is to fit in system memory I do not succed to move it to.
My system tels me that I am rooted as explained in first post but no way to fit the data gro up to there.
Does these answer can orientate the way to help me?
waitting for your kind help.
Belphi
belphegor offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:50 pm

I'm having a lot of difficulty finding a data.gro for your resolution. You can try this one but I'm not sure if it will work. It goes on the SD card [not the internal flash drive] inside the iGO folder. Remember, to always back-up your files before editing with another file. [Please Register or Login to download file]

There's always this but it's not your resolution: [Please Register or Login to download file]

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby belphegor » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:48 pm

I tested this one which was same "weight" as an other one already tested and unfortunately no improvement with this one.
BUT I am now suspecting my architecture.
Is the new skin included in these "data.gro" or does an additive skin to fit under content/ skin is necessary to match this data gro?
same spririt:
Does the APK file must be specific to fit with such a data gro or any APK working well with native "skin" can accept these data gro.
Many thanks to teach me, as i am a little bit confused and that can be the reason of all my unsuccessful full tries.
Many thanks to be so kind, waiting for your lesson teacher!
Belphi

w

;
belphegor offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:08 pm

You are asking good questions that unfortunately I cannot answer. My device is a Mio C320 not an Android device and I must admit that I don't know much about specific things regarding Android. Are you open to another nav program or are you locked only on Amigo?

[SIZE="5"][color="red"]EDIT:[/color][/size] I may have something for you that I just found.

Release name and version (if any)320x240 and 240x320 Data for iGO My way for Android - v8.4.2.139242
Requirements: Android device with GPS.
Operating System: Android OS 1.6 and later.
Overview: Adapted from 480x320 resolution to 320x240 and 240x320

-Install iGO My way? for Android - v8.4.2.139242 first, run it and go throught the initial setup then exit the program.
-Using Root explorer or so to copy the data.gro to /data/data/com.navngo.igo.javaclient and overwrite it.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
[Please Register or Login to download file] 320x240.apk

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby belphegor » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:56 pm

Right I must succeed to write in the internal memory as it seems to be the only one solution for this definition 240X320.
So i will now focus my efforts to accede and work in the system.
If yes then software exist as you just remind me with the above threads.
I will let you informed.
Have a great day!
Belphi
belphegor offline

Return to Android Discussion