TTS on iGO 9.6.29.431282 Galaxy S4?   

TTS on iGO 9.6.29.431282 Galaxy S4?

Postby Galane » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:11 am

Is there a way to get US English TTS to work with either the Samsung or Google TTS engine on this phone? I tried installing SVOX and Acapella and followed directions found here and there for them but still no ability to select TTS in iGO's menu.

I had an older version of iGO on an Epic 4G (not Touch version, the slider model) with Loquendo and its one free voice. That worked OK because other apps could use Loquendo on Gingerbread.
Never could find an iGO setup that supported the oddball resolution on my Photon Q with its (mostly) un-hideable menubar. (Youtube could hide it so why haven't all other app authors copied that?!)

Now I have this nice Galaxy S4 with 1080x1920 LED screen and iGO looks great on it. :) Now if only it could talk as nice as it looks. (And being a Samsung it has a real Home button and menu and back touch spots that stay put instead of moving around and taking up screen space.)

P.S. I also have two WinCE GPS devices. One is a cheap Nextar, the other is a Rightway RW200 I somehow managed to delete CoPilot from then somehow managed to figure out how to install iGO into its internal memory. ;) Now if I can remember how to update the maps to load the Q2 2014 North America set...
Galane offline

Return to Android Apps