How to get TTS working with Primo 2.4   

How to get TTS working with Primo 2.4

Postby rdman » Fri May 16, 2014 8:25 am

I have spent hours and hours and trying different info.txt and other type of combination to try to get IVONA working on my LG G2 and the latest isreal version of the primo 2.4. Unsuccessful. Has ANYONE been able to get it working. Here are my steps.

1. Install IVONA and the US voice package and select it in the Google Settings
2. Copy over the Voice_TTS-nua-eng-us-f1-lua-dri40-vssq5f22.zip file to the \\voice folder inside \\Igo folder
3. I changed the info file inside the Voice_TTS-nua-eng-us-f1-lua-dri40-vssq5f22.zip and it will always crash Igo

Problem: I never see the TTS "Samantha" selection inside IGO, just natural voices.

Please help to make this work. used to work once before. now I have no idea what happened.
rdman offline

Re: How to get TTS working with Primo 2.4

Postby japseye » Fri May 16, 2014 9:01 am

First install your voice engine. I personally use svox and victoria, you could use loquendo or (maybe) the one you have.
In android settings select (voice input & output\Text-to speech-settings) then choose default engine. Tick (Always use my settings)
Download this TTS voice in link and place in (iGO\content\voice) folder. Do not alter it in any way - it remains .zip format.
Start iGO then select Sound and Warnings\Voice Language and select this English (Au) voice. Job done.

This voice works flawless for me with various engines. Tried quite a few but always return to this one.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
japseye offline

Postby rdman » Fri May 16, 2014 5:59 pm

Thanks for the file and I put it in the //voice folder and still I can't find it in the menu. Just natural voices, no TTS. Boggling my mind. Anyone else? Am I suppose to change any the lines inside the info.ini files? I did that before and it crashed Igo.
rdman offline

Postby japseye » Fri May 16, 2014 10:02 pm

Sorry mate thats an Svox voice, I thought that it worked with other engines.
Heres Loquendo TTS 2.5 Susan. Unrar the file and put the (LoquendoTTS) folder and its contents on root of your sd card.
Install com.loquendo.tts.susan.apk. Run it once.
Place the Voice_TTS-Pro-EnglishUK-Android-zervdim-V2.zip file in igo\content\voice folder.

Follow instructions in my previous post and set Loquendo TTS Susan as default in android settings. Make sure its ticked and any others are unticked. To check if working then select "Listen to an example"
You should now see TTS voice selectable the next time you run iGO.

Its an american voice and is a bit cheesy compared to Svox but works never the less. Various voice settings are available through the app itself.

japseye offline

Postby rdman » Fri May 16, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi Japseye, I copied the files and the APK install in the root of the phone. Loquendo doesn't even show up as a select-able option in side my "text-to-speech output" area. Maybe this is a Android Kitkat 4.4.3 thing. Or LG thing. I also tried two version of the SVOX. Now I can set up SVOX as my default TTS inside google settings, and I still have that file in the voice directory. But when I go to IGO settings, there is no TTS voice, frustrating....Almost a perfect Primo 2.4 (since we have the skins now) except for this. My Igo version is isreal 9.6.29.390522.
rdman offline

Postby japseye » Fri May 16, 2014 11:38 pm

If you are using svox then you need the Victoria.apk to go with it..

Loquendo Susan works fine, I tested it before posting, maybe it is a kitkat thingy.

Try this voice mate for loquendo.
japseye offline

Postby rdman » Sat May 17, 2014 12:01 am

YES!!! That worked. Looks like that's the only thing that will work....you are a life saver mate. If someone has the Loquendo US version, that would be even better, but I can deal with this.
rdman offline

Postby japseye » Sat May 17, 2014 9:19 am

Glad to help :038:
japseye offline

Postby bobbygee » Sun May 18, 2014 5:20 pm

:lol: Yes, that worked for me too! Thank you very much. I had tried many, many voices and none worked on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 with Android 4.2, with many different voice engines. The voice engine had been set to Loquendo in Android, and I simply copied your voice file to iGO/content/voice and it worked right away. Thanks again.
bobbygee offline

Postby sublacense » Mon May 19, 2014 8:33 am

japseye wrote:First install your voice engine. I personally use svox and victoria, you could use loquendo or (maybe) the one you have.
In android settings select (voice input & output\Text-to speech-settings) then choose default engine. Tick (Always use my settings)
Download this TTS voice in link and place in (iGO\content\voice) folder. Do not alter it in any way - it remains .zip format.
Start iGO then select Sound and Warnings\Voice Language and select this English (Au) voice. Job done.

This voice works flawless for me with various engines. Tried quite a few but always return to this one.

how do you access to android settings?
sublacense offline

Postby rdman » Tue May 20, 2014 12:36 am

Hey guys, after trying it out for a while. Found a few problems.

1. The setting in Igo doesn't "stick". It means if I exit out of Igo and go back, the TTS setting is no longer visible. I have to go out and then go to Android settings, jiggle the settings a bit, re-enter iGO and then it would magically appear there again.

2. The more serious problem, when it works, the audio will be super slowwwww. It will sound like this "in....next...sixty....yards, plleeaase...turnnn....riighhht" Kinda sounds like a drunk lady slurring her words or talking really slow.

Anyways, don't know if anyone can help here.

Is Loquendo a Google Play application? can't seem to download the actual program so that it can appear in google "text-to-speech output" settings as select-able choice.

TIA for help so far.
rdman offline

Postby japseye » Tue May 20, 2014 10:28 am

Im using android 2.3, I make this clear and cant vouch for higher os.
I should firstly uninstall all tts voice engines.
Download and install Svox Victoria.
You could try patching Victoria using Lucky Patcher before running it (no guarantees) or pay for it.
Download and install Svox.classic_Engine.
Select to use this as default engine in android settings as previously mentioned.
Use the TTS voice in iGO that I posted in #2 above.

As I said earlier this works for me flawlessly and I have no problems with it at all but dont blame me if you cant get it to work on your device.

japseye offline

Postby bobbygee » Tue May 20, 2014 3:49 pm

rdman wrote:Is Loquendo a Google Play application? can't seem to download the actual program so that it can appear in google "text-to-speech output" settings as select-able choice.

TIA for help so far.

I got the Loquendo 7 ap from fixmygps, but if you Google loquendo apk" you can find other locations. One note: I had to install it from internal memory rather than ext sdcard.
bobbygee offline

Postby japseye » Wed May 21, 2014 2:19 am

rdman wrote:2. The more serious problem, when it works, the audio will be super slowwwww. It will sound like this "in....next...sixty....yards, plleeaase...turnnn....riighhht" Kinda sounds like a drunk lady slurring her words or talking really slow.

Remove any files that you may have in the content\phoneme folder. Apparently these are mainly for igo wince and can cause problems.

Heres an interesting find that I come across. Its a free TTS engine which covers many languages. Working fine on my desire.

japseye offline

Postby gachbash » Wed May 28, 2014 11:41 am

Hello all
I try to download files linked to these posts but all i get is EXE files.
Please help
gachbash offline

User avatar Junior Member

Next

Return to Android Apps