Here Beta for Android map download   

Here Beta for Android map download

Postby erdos » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:16 pm

hi,

I installed Here Beta for Android onto Nexus 5 with android 5.0.

since I have limited room on the phone, I'm wondering whether it's possible to download the state maps I need (Maryland & Virginia) instead of whole U.S. (7.4GB).

thanks
erdos offline

Re: Here Beta for Android map download

Postby 1888 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:44 pm

erdos wrote:hi, <br abp="204"><br abp="205">I installed Here Beta for Android onto Nexus 5 with android 5.0.<br abp="206"><br abp="207">since I have limited room on the phone, I'm wondering whether it's possible to download the state maps I need (Maryland & Virginia) instead of whole U.S. (7.4GB).<br abp="208"><br abp="209">thanks

I started to use navfree mate. Download free from the play store. USA >> [Please Register or Login to download file] If you find you are still short of space the two states are available alone for free. This also runs happily from the SD card so worth just downloading the software and moving before downloading the maps.
1888 offline

User avatar Senior Member

Postby katastrofe » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:33 am

I don't understand.
In Europe, HERE beta offer for the bigger countries like Germany, France, and more, separated maps for the Federal States. Why should they not for the USA? Did you check?

[Please Register or Login to download file]

The full map for the United States is a whopping 4.7GB, but it's split up by state, with California and Texas coming in at just under 500MB. Connecticut (176MB) takes more data than Wyoming (164MB), because tens of thousands of square miles of mountains and grassland aren't all that dense from a road map perspective. Select areas of Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, Australia, and Oceania are also available, but if you'll pardon the pun, your mileage may vary.
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Postby erdos » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:56 pm

you're correct.

once I clicked on the download button for United States, It lists the download for different states separately. :)

thanks
erdos offline

Return to Android Apps