Forgetful installation.   

Forgetful installation.

Postby hairydog » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:06 pm

I have a Chinese stereo with android 4.1 built in.

It has a built-in SD called /mnt/sdcard and a removable SD called /mnt/extsd

I tried to install iGo Primo using the extsd but it failed so I had to copy the files to the built-in SD card.

That install went fine, but about half the times the device is power cycled, it seems to completely lose all its settings. It is as if I'm installing a new installation of iGO each time I run it.

I have hunch that this is something to do with access permissions on the internal sd card, and I suspect that if I could install to the extsd that would resolve the issue. But how can I do this?
hairydog offline

Postby hairydog » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:11 pm

A bit more info. Seems that when the problem arises, it is because the /mnt/sdcard directories are all read only. I wonder if the system mounts them RO for a check or something. This doesn't seem to happen to the directories on /mnt/extsd
hairydog offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:23 pm

There may be some corruption on the sdcard, this causes read only errors, if you can connect it as a removable drive, then do a disk check on it.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby hairydog » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:27 pm

I'm not sure I can connect to it as a removable drive. I'll have a go at that, but although it is easy to connect through Airdroid, there isn't an obvious way to do it directly from my laptop. However, the RO state usually fixes itself after a restart.
hairydog offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:44 am

See if you can copy everything across to the extsd using es file explorer or similar. Then use android settings to format the sd card. Then copy it back.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby hairydog » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:01 pm

In the end I decided that it was something to do with the SD card not being ready when iGo was starting at system start, so I added a 90 second delay to the iGo autostart, and so far it has worked perfectly. Fingers crossed that it still will after posting this!
hairydog offline

Return to Android Apps