Facebook Twitter RSS Feed      

Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update   

Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby newtogps2019 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi,
I have a TomTom One 3rd version however I cant get the above map, the link on the page doesnt work and presumably because its old, can anyone advise me on alternative map? I don't mind if it is old, but the map I have now is like 2012, so anything newer would be advantageous. I don't mind if its not like up to date, just newer than 2012 lol...Thanks in advance.
newtogps2019 offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:28 pm
Posts: 13
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby fredderf » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:02 pm

Moved to latest map section as you should be looking at the 1035 series of maps now.....

We can't help you if don't tell us which map you're looking for?

Read the tutorial:

topic19485.html

Then pick a new map from the following (making sure it has a matching meta code otherwise you won't be able to activate it):

topic21388.html

topic21387.html
fredderf offline


Administrator



 
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:23 pm
Posts: 2284
Location: UK
Has thanked: 241 times
Been thanked: 2346 times

Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby newtogps2019 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:26 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I can't use the TomTom link as it just says the device is no longer supported. The map I was after was the one mentioned in the thread.

The sat nav has the first two letters PE. and another code N14644 and ME69
newtogps2019 offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:28 pm
Posts: 13
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby holyhead » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:55 pm

newtogps2019 wrote:Hi,
I have a TomTom One 3rd version however I cant get the above map, the link on the page doesnt work and presumably because its old, can anyone advise me on alternative map? I don't mind if it is old, but the map I have now is like 2012, so anything newer would be advantageous. I don't mind if its not like up to date, just newer than 2012 lol...Thanks in advance.

Again witch map you are looking for and I don,t see a map mentioned in the thread
holyhead offline


V.I.P Member



 
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:30 am
Posts: 1872
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 357 times

Re: Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby fredderf » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Holyhead: he was posting in this thread:

topic18232.html

newtogps2019 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the response, I can't use the TomTom link as it just says the device is no longer supported. The map I was after was the one mentioned in the thread.

The sat nav has the first two letters PE. and another code N14644 and ME69


What TomTom link? You don't need any TomTom link...

You need to look at the links I gave you above and decide what map you want.
fredderf offline


Administrator



 
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:23 pm
Posts: 2284
Location: UK
Has thanked: 241 times
Been thanked: 2346 times

Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby newtogps2019 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:37 pm

Hi,

The map detail was in the original thread. My post was moved to another thread without the original thread link being added.



the map is

Europe_1GB_West_960_7075

I am merely looking for updates on England, UK or whole of the UK. My existing maps have the EU however I have no intention to install the EU modern maps.
newtogps2019 offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:28 pm
Posts: 13
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby fredderf » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:04 pm

newtogps2019 wrote: the map is

Europe_1GB_West_960_7075

I am merely looking for updates on England, UK or whole of the UK. My existing maps have the EU however I have no intention to install the EU modern maps.


The Europe_1GB_West_960_7075 map dates back to November 2015...please explain why you want a map that is 4 years old when you can have the latest 2019 map?

I'll say it for the third & final time....look at the tutorial and other links I gave you in the 2nd post and decide what map suits your device.

You've been a member for less than a day and already you've sent me a PM > keep asking for a 4 year old map that is so old that nobody has any more > continually ignore our advice that is trying to help you get a 2019 map
fredderf offline


Administrator



 
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:23 pm
Posts: 2284
Location: UK
Has thanked: 241 times
Been thanked: 2346 times

Re: Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby newtogps2019 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi,

Please bare with me for although I have great pc skills, I'm new to GPS

I read several times you can't install a new map to an old device, so as the most recent post for a 13 year old satnav device I found (after a LOT of googling I might add) was a mere four years old, I figured it was a good find.

I can't find the appropriate latest map as the original thread advised to find which tomtom software I was using and the site doesn't state it as it merely says its unsupported now.

In regards to the chart, again i
Don't know what map will work on my tomtom one 3rd 30s.
newtogps2019 offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:28 pm
Posts: 13
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby holyhead » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:16 am

Wich navcore do you have ?
holyhead offline


V.I.P Member



 
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:30 am
Posts: 1872
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 357 times

Re: Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby newtogps2019 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:58 am

found navcore 8.04 by clicking on the satelite button, which i have only just learned about, anyway, i found a map and when i went to download it via firefox it wouldn't, it just showed a wait 60 seconds sign but nothing happened.
newtogps2019 offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:28 pm
Posts: 13
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby holyhead » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:50 am

newtogps2019 wrote:found navcore 8.04 by clicking on the satelite button, which i have only just learned about, anyway, i found a map and when i went to download it via firefox it wouldn't, it just showed a wait 60 seconds sign but nothing happened.


For that navcore you can use
United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-102090.meta ; United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland 1035_9697
[Please Register or Login to download file]
holyhead offline


V.I.P Member



 
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:30 am
Posts: 1872
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 357 times

Re: Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby fredderf » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:00 pm

newtogps2019 wrote:Please bare with me for although I have great pc skills, I'm new to GPS

1. I read several times you can't install a new map to an old device, so as the most recent post for a 13 year old satnav device I found (after a LOT of googling I might add) was a mere four years old, I figured it was a good find.

2. I can't find the appropriate latest map as the original thread advised to find which tomtom software I was using and the site doesn't state it as it merely says its unsupported now.

3. In regards to the chart, again I Don't know what map will work on my tomtom one 3rd 30s.


1. Wrong, of course you can
2. If you'd read the tutorial I linked you to in post 2, you would know what navcore is on your device
3. Again, if you'd read the tutorial I linked you to in post 2, you would also know what map is suitable for your navcore

A word of advice...don't join a GPS forum and start telling the people who are trying to help you about some random BS that you've read somewhere, and secondly, learn to follow the advice that you're given. Believe me, we've done this many many times and are very good at it...maybe even as good as your PC skills?

Ok, if you struggle with Holyhead's link above, here is another link to the latest 2019 UK & ROI map that is suitable for your device...it's uploaded to a very simple website that only requires you to click on a download button:

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.


Extract it to your device and activate it using FastActivate which you can download on the following link (the instructions are given if you can be bothered to read them):

topic19452.html
fredderf offline


Administrator



 
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:23 pm
Posts: 2284
Location: UK
Has thanked: 241 times
Been thanked: 2346 times

Re: Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby newtogps2019 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi,

Thanks however the link from holyhead is the one I couldn't download and the new one I have download twice and on both occasions I couldn't open in windows or Linux owing to either corruption nor incomplete downloading however both dl identical file size so it is doubt its incomplete.
newtogps2019 offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:28 pm
Posts: 13
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby fredderf » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:35 pm

newtogps2019 wrote:Thanks however the link from holyhead is the one I couldn't download and the new one I have download twice and on both occasions I couldn't open in windows or Linux owing to either corruption nor incomplete downloading however both dl identical file size so it is doubt its incomplete.


I thought you would know that you need to keep your PC's software up to date?

Your installed version of WinRAR is way out of date...make sure it is version 5.0 minimum
fredderf offline


Administrator



 
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:23 pm
Posts: 2284
Location: UK
Has thanked: 241 times
Been thanked: 2346 times

Re: Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby holyhead » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:38 pm

newtogps2019 wrote:Hi,

Thanks however the link from holyhead is the one I couldn't download and the new one I have download twice and on both occasions I couldn't open in windows or Linux owing to either corruption nor incomplete downloading however both dl identical file size so it is doubt its incomplete.

Don,t be silly the link works but very slow. If you invest some money then the download is much faster.
holyhead offline


V.I.P Member



 
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:30 am
Posts: 1872
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 357 times

Next

Return to > Maps v1XXX

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: guylvt56 and 1 guest