Facebook Twitter RSS Feed      

Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit   

Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby rabunz » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:28 pm

Hello, I have been unlocking Garmin devices for awhile now using the Universal Firmware patcher technique. However a lot of the new Garmin Devices don't work with this method and require a generous Admin/poster to make a SD card unlock kit to unlock it. Is it possible to post a tutorial for the SD Card Kit unlock method?

Thank you
rabunz offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:31 am
Posts: 6
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby GarmanNuvi » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:41 am

rabunz wrote:Hello, I have been unlocking Garmin devices for awhile now using the Universal Firmware patcher technique. However a lot of the new Garmin Devices don't work with this method and require a generous Admin/poster to make a SD card unlock kit to unlock it. Is it possible to post a tutorial for the SD Card Kit unlock method?

Thank you


Drive and DriveSmart 40/50 006-B2267-00 Release 5.90
SD card Patch Kit FW 5.90 FWID 2267 ONLY
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Right click link "Copy link address" then paste into your browser delete everything before [Please Register or Login to download file]
Last edited by GarmanNuvi on Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline


User avatar Moderator



 
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
Posts: 837
Location: On the move
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 1862 times

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby rabunz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:14 am

Thank you very much Sir. Appreciate it a lot.
rabunz offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:31 am
Posts: 6
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby GarmanNuvi » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:42 pm

rabunz wrote:Hello,
can you plz help me with unlocking of Drivelux 51
HWID:2589
Swver:610

Rgn tool shows wrong hwid.


Don't worry if HWID displays 0
Image


rabunz wrote:Hello,
I ahve a Drive 52
HWID: 3061

SWver: 780

Can it be unlocked?


Drive 52, DriveSmart 52,55 & 65 NOT able to be patched at the moment
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline


User avatar Moderator



 
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
Posts: 837
Location: On the move
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 1862 times

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby Nozawa » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:45 am

GarmanNuvi wrote:
rabunz wrote:Hello,
can you plz help me with unlocking of Drivelux 51
HWID:2589
Swver:610

Rgn tool shows wrong hwid.


Don't worry if HWID displays 0
Image


rabunz wrote:Hello,
I ahve a Drive 52
HWID: 3061

SWver: 780

Can it be unlocked?


Drive 52, DriveSmart 52,55 & 65 NOT able to be patched at the moment



:bs_quesexclaim:
This topic works for NUVI 51 LM

Because I downloaded the map is does not appear on this device any tips
Nozawa offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:20 am
Posts: 2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby xiaat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:15 am

Hello GarmanNuvi,
Thanks for the SD updates. But can you please make a tutorial on how to prepare those update packages so that we can do it ourselves and not bother you?
xiaat offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:18 am
Posts: 4
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby GarmanNuvi » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:05 pm

xiaat wrote:Hello GarmanNuvi,
Thanks for the SD updates. But can you please make a tutorial on how to prepare those update packages so that we can do it ourselves and not bother you?


In my opinion having a tutorial on this method would lead to people although well intended "Bricking" other peoples devices.
The developers of this method tested it out on their own devices at their own risk until the kits were able to be shared confidently here.
There is no need for an individual member to know how to create a kit just how to use it, as if requested one will be made available for their specific device on this forum within a day and all that have the same HWID can use it.
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline


User avatar Moderator



 
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
Posts: 837
Location: On the move
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 1862 times

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby kolokythas » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:01 am

GarmanNuvi wrote:
xiaat wrote:Hello GarmanNuvi,
Thanks for the SD updates. But can you please make a tutorial on how to prepare those update packages so that we can do it ourselves and not bother you?


In my opinion having a tutorial on this method would lead to people although well intended "Bricking" other peoples devices.
The developers of this method tested it out on their own devices at their own risk until the kits were able to be shared confidently here.
There is no need for an individual member to know how to create a kit just how to use it, as if requested one will be made available for their specific device on this forum within a day and all that have the same HWID can use it.


Very well explained thank you! I have also to add that many times people are doing it professionally and make a lot of money charging others something which is not in the purpose of this site.
kolokythas offline


Moderator



 
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:58 am
Posts: 589
Location: Balkans
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 160 times
Age: 56

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby GarmanNuvi » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:28 am

Nozawa wrote: :bs_quesexclaim:
This topic works for NUVI 51 LM

Because I downloaded the map is does not appear on this device any tips


Missed your post as you included so much unrelated info.
Not sure if you mean Drive 51 as I've never heard of a nuvi 51.

The best Thread for this would be
software/universal-firmware-patcher-for-protected-garmin-devices-t17987.html

Look in the Garmin folder for garmindevice.xml open it with note pad and find your HWID then someone can really help you.Tell us what maps and where you got them from.
<PartNumber>006-B2587-00</PartNumber>
<SoftwareVersion>440</SoftwareVersion>
<Description>Garmin Drive 61</Description>
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline


User avatar Moderator



 
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
Posts: 837
Location: On the move
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 1862 times

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby GarmanNuvi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:52 am

rabunz wrote:Thank you very much Sir. Appreciate it a lot.PLEASE UPLOAD AGAIN!


It's still there ,Right click link "Copy link address" then paste into your browser delete everything before [Please Register or Login to download file]
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline


User avatar Moderator



 
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
Posts: 837
Location: On the move
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 1862 times

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby flinserl1 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Can this NUVI be unlocked?
<PartNumber>006-B2269-00</PartNumber>
<SoftwareVersion>590</SoftwareVersion>
<Description>DriveLuxe 50</Description>

I received an SD-bootable firmware patch for the DriveLux50, but the patch doesn't work. While the firmware flashes correctly, but the device still complains about "Maps are corrupt and cannot be used".

And, yes, I tried the following:
- Downloading the map to the device directly instead of an SD card
- USB and SD card flash of firmware
- using an unlocked img
- trying unlocked maps via Mapsource and Mapinstall

So far, no luck Any suggestions?


Thank you in advance!
flinserl1 offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:46 pm
Posts: 1
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby GarmanNuvi » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:49 pm

@flinserl1

Where did you get the Patch ?
It is imperative you check your HWID is the same as below

<PartNumber>006-B2269-00</PartNumber>
<SoftwareVersion>590</SoftwareVersion>
<Description>DriveLuxe 50</Description>


DriveLuxe 50 fw5.90 Patch kit FWID 2269 ONLY
Code: Select all
https://anonfile.com/U4Y5Db73nf/DriveLuxe_50_2269_fw5.90_rar


Make sure your device is fully charged.
Unpack contents to fresh SD card formatted FAT32
Ensure your device is fully OFF (not in standby), insert the card into device and power on.
"Loader" will appear on screen for a while then the device will boot up when the flash of patched firmware is complete.
Your device may reboot its self during the process just be patient.
Your SD card will have a new file named 154.bin this is a backup of the device's non-volatile memory region and may save your device later if needed,so keep a copy of it somewhere safe.
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline


User avatar Moderator



 
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
Posts: 837
Location: On the move
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 1862 times

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby meeee123 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:39 pm

Just wondering if it would be possible for help me with mine I have a
<Model>
<PartNumber>006-B2267-00</PartNumber>
<SoftwareVersion>590</SoftwareVersion>
<Description>Garmin DriveSmart 50</Description>
</Model>

and the software is locked so it won't allow me to use unlock maps.

thanks in advance if someone could help
meeee123 offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:48 am
Posts: 2
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby GarmanNuvi » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:59 pm

meeee123 wrote:Just wondering if it would be possible for help me with mine I have a
<Model>
<PartNumber>006-B2267-00</PartNumber>
<SoftwareVersion>590</SoftwareVersion>
<Description>Garmin DriveSmart 50</Description>
</Model>
and the software is locked so it won't allow me to use unlock maps.
thanks in advance if someone could help


Members looking for Patched Firmware use your HWID number to search, as a solution most probably exists already
Search result for 2267
software/universal-firmware-patcher-for-protected-garmin-devices-t17987-435.html?hilit=2267#p176691
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline


User avatar Moderator



 
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
Posts: 837
Location: On the move
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 1862 times

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher vs SD Card Unlock Kit

Postby arvi 1 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:47 am

Hi. Would these files help to unlock the MONTANA 700? [Please Register or Login to download file] More information here [Please Register or Login to download file]
arvi 1 offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:20 pm
Posts: 70
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Next

Return to Software

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jthyttin and 1 guest