SDHC Card with TomTom One XL   

SDHC Card with TomTom One XL

Postby Samlighty » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi,

I have a TomTom One XL which I got working with SE_Navcore.9.205.547817 (32mb device) using 870.3391 maps.
Now I am wanting to add Europe maps and I have downloaded the correct maps. However, I will have to use an SD card to do this. I have a 4GB SDHC card which, from reading around, I have seen will work, but I need the right bootloader.

Can somone point me in the right direction please?

Regards.
Samlighty offline

Postby biggerdave » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:08 pm

I think 9.205 has a compatible bootloader already so don't change it if you don't need to.
Just copy everything except old maps to the card, add new maps & crack those
::thumbup:: S i m p l e s ::thumbup::
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby Samlighty » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:19 pm

I have tried putting the Navcore onto the SD card and removing all files from inside the TomTom itself. When doing this and loading the TomTom up I get the animation showing a red cross through the SD card.
Samlighty offline

Postby lemoni » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Samlighty wrote:I have tried putting the Navcore onto the SD card and removing all files from inside the TomTom itself. When doing this and loading the TomTom up I get the animation showing a red cross through the SD card.

Did you add the new map to the SD card and patch it as suggested by biggerdave?
Removing files from the internal memory of the TomTom is not necessary because the device will boot from the SD card by default.
TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 900.4602, Bootloader: 5.5250
TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 900.4602, Bootloader: 5.5244
lemoni offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Samlighty » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:18 pm

lemoni wrote:Did you add the new map to the SD card and patch it as suggested by biggerdave?
Removing files from the internal memory of the TomTom is not necessary because the device will boot from the SD card by default.

I could not run the NaviCore via the SD card, which meant the files that get patched were not created. Therefore, the maps wouldn't work and when it went to patch the files, they did not exist.
Samlighty offline

Postby lemoni » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:07 pm

Samlighty wrote:I could not run the NaviCore via the SD card, which meant the files that get patched were not created. Therefore, the maps wouldn't work and when it went to patch the files, they did not exist.

Which tool have you used to try and patch the map? Try the latest version of FastActivate Premium Edition.

Did you make a full backup of the internal memory before erasing it? If so, copy all the files from your backup onto the SD card, insert the card into the device and test. Does it boot up now?
TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 900.4602, Bootloader: 5.5244
lemoni offline

Postby Samlighty » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:25 pm

lemoni wrote:Which tool have you used to try and patch the map? Try the latest version of FastActivate Premium Edition.

Did you make a full backup of the internal memory before erasing it? If so, copy all the files from your backup onto the SD card, insert the card into the device and test. Does it boot up now?

I have tried using a working backup on the SD card and I had no success. The same SD card animation comes up. I have formatted it to FAT32.
Samlighty offline

Postby lemoni » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Find the ttgo.bif file in your backup. Open it with notepad and copy paste the contents here, removing the Device ID/serial number.
lemoni offline

Postby Samlighty » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Code: Select all
[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL
DeviceSerialNumber=
DeviceUniqueID=
RamDiskVersion=20100702
BootLoaderVersion=53026
LinuxVersion=547200
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9205
ApplicationVersion=547817.1
UserLanguage=English UK
UserName=
LastConnectionTime=Never
GPSFirmwareVersion=185.5001.041
BuiltInColorScheme0=Belgica
BuiltInColorScheme1=Brittanica
BuiltInColorScheme2=America
BuiltInColorScheme3=Germanica
BuiltInColorScheme4=Australia
BuiltInColorScheme5=Deuteranopia
BuiltInColorScheme6=Greys
BuiltInColorScheme7=Antarctica
BuiltInColorScheme8=Africa
BuiltInColorScheme9=Astra
BuiltInColorScheme10=Asia
BuiltInColorScheme11=Brasilia
BuiltInColorScheme12=Concordia
BuiltInColorScheme13=NewAnglia
CurrentColorSchemeBuiltIn=11
CurrentVoiceInfo=Special 31
CurrentMap=
CurrentMapVersion=0.0
Traffic=N
CurrentFuelpricesType=
CurrentFuelpricesTypeString=
CurrentFuelpricesLastFullUpdate=
ValueRatio=Bj2UEJxEI960MIHH/w==
Features=PlusOrRDSTMCTraffic,PlusMobileSafetyCameras,PlusFixedSafetyCameras,PlusFuelPrices,HDTraffic,Hercules,HerculesTraffic,Oxford,TrackMe,PlusTripReporting,OnDevicePayments,HidRemote,HomeBackup,GPRSEngine,VoiceRecording,TTS,TTSCompressed,TTSLoquendo700,MP3,IPOD,MusicPlayer,PhotoViewer,PhotoJPGViewer,PhotoBMPViewer,VoiceBrowser,LinkVolumeToNoise,MapShare,Newyork,Itinerary,Caymann,Durham,Leeway,PhoneFeatures,CarSymbol,ExtraSounds,UserSkin,RichPOI,FrequentDestinations,PermanentMapCfg,RDSTMC,Prague,Bluetooth,SDSlot,InternalFlash,Microphone,ExternalModem,SupportGetAMap,LiveServices,SettingsOverride,SDK,USBAccessories,HTTPActivation,MultipleMaps,Traffic,MapOverlays,Documents,WarningSounds,ArrivalSounds
UnsupportedFeatures=PlusDownloadDynamic,PlusDownloadGeneral,PlusDownloadMap,PlusDownloadPOI,PlusDownloadScheme,PlusDownloadUpgrade,PlusDownloadVoice,PlusDownloadRingTone,PlusMessageNotification,PlusForceMessageNotification,PlusPushChannel,PlusTraffic,PlusWeather,PlusEphemeris,PlusBuddies,PlusRoadConditions,PlusFuelPriceTimestamp,ASR,ASRCnC,TTSUncompressed,TTSNuance51,Games,LinkVolumeToSpeed,CaymannAlwaysOn,MAC,DepartureAdvisor,VehicleProfile,MapShareVehicleProfile,Handsfree,3DCarModels,TextureRendering,InternalModem,HardDisk,SMSSupported,Keyboard,SupportKeyControl,Work,WorkEnabled,WorkPromotion,WorkTuria,WorkMurcia,WorkBremen,WorkUsePlus,WorkStartUpPromotion,SimpleMapBrowserButtonBar,AltDefaultCarSymbol
SupportedPatchTypes=7F
NrSupportedErrorTypes=138
UserPatchDatVersion=102
CompressedPatchVersion=200
MapServerPatchDatVersion=105
DeletedPoiDatVersion=200
ServerLineIndexDatVersion=102
ServerNameIndexDatVersion=102
MapShareSupportedProviders=243
CharacterSet=TTU
VehicleBrand=
VehicleModel=
VehicleOptions=
Samlighty offline

Postby lemoni » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Samlighty wrote:[CODE][TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL
DeviceSerialNumber=
DeviceUniqueID=
RamDiskVersion=20100702
BootLoaderVersion=53026
LinuxVersion=547200
UserLanguage=English UK

Ok, the problem just seems to be the bootloader version being too low to read SDHC cards.
Download the 9.205 navcore from here:

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2831-TomTom-Automatic-Navcore-Installation
Download the navcore: SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices.rar (Widescreen ONLY)

Erase the contents of the internal memory. Copy paste the above navcore into the internal memory. (Don't use the SDHC card for now). This will upgrade the bootloader automatically, as the navcore comes with it's own bootloader.
Then add the new map.
Boot the device. Ignore any error message then switch off.
Copy paste the contents of the new ttgo.bif file here.
lemoni offline

Postby Samlighty » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:32 pm

lemoni wrote:Ok, the problem just seems to be the bootloader version being too low to read SDHC cards.
Download the 9.205 navcore from here:

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2831-TomTom-Automatic-Navcore-Installation
Download the navcore: SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices.rar (Widescreen ONLY)

Erase the contents of the internal memory. Copy paste the above navcore into the internal memory. (Don't use the SDHC card for now). This will upgrade the bootloader automatically, as the navcore comes with it's own bootloader.
Then add the new map.
Boot the device. Ignore any error message then switch off.
Copy paste the contents of the new ttgo.bif file here.

I have been using that Navcore all along (as I said in my 1st post). The map I want to use (Europe 2GB) will not fit onto the TomTom as its internal memory is 1GB.
Samlighty offline

Postby Samlighty » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:35 pm

Shall I use a UK map for the time being to be able to demonstrate what you want to see?
Samlighty offline

Postby lemoni » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Samlighty wrote:Shall I use a UK map for the time being to be able to demonstrate what you want to see?

That's fine. I want to see the changes in the new ttgo.bif file, especially the bootloader version.
lemoni offline

Postby Samlighty » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Hmm, I did add a map that wasn't compatible, but still, it's saying the same bootloader:

Code: Select all
[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL
DeviceSerialNumber=
DeviceUniqueID=
RamDiskVersion=20100702
BootLoaderVersion=53026
LinuxVersion=547200
UserLanguage=English UK
UserName=
LastConnectionTime=Never
GPSFirmwareVersion=185.5001.041
BuiltInColorScheme0=Belgica
BuiltInColorScheme1=Brittanica
BuiltInColorScheme2=America
BuiltInColorScheme3=Germanica
BuiltInColorScheme4=Australia
BuiltInColorScheme5=Deuteranopia
BuiltInColorScheme6=Greys
BuiltInColorScheme7=Antarctica
BuiltInColorScheme8=Africa
BuiltInColorScheme9=Astra
BuiltInColorScheme10=Asia
BuiltInColorScheme11=Brasilia
BuiltInColorScheme12=Concordia
BuiltInColorScheme13=NewAnglia
CurrentColorSchemeBuiltIn=11
CurrentVoiceInfo=Special 31
CurrentMap=
CurrentMapVersion=0.0
Traffic=N
CurrentFuelpricesType=
CurrentFuelpricesTypeString=
CurrentFuelpricesLastFullUpdate=
ValueRatio=Bj2UEJxEI960MIHH/w==
Features=PlusOrRDSTMCTraffic,PlusMobileSafetyCameras,PlusFixedSafetyCameras,PlusFuelPrices,HDTraffic,Hercules,HerculesTraffic,Oxford,TrackMe,PlusTripReporting,OnDevicePayments,HidRemote,HomeBackup,GPRSEngine,VoiceRecording,TTS,TTSCompressed,TTSLoquendo700,MP3,IPOD,MusicPlayer,PhotoViewer,PhotoJPGViewer,PhotoBMPViewer,VoiceBrowser,LinkVolumeToNoise,MapShare,Newyork,Itinerary,Caymann,Durham,Leeway,PhoneFeatures,CarSymbol,ExtraSounds,UserSkin,RichPOI,FrequentDestinations,PermanentMapCfg,RDSTMC,Prague,Bluetooth,SDSlot,InternalFlash,Microphone,ExternalModem,SupportGetAMap,LiveServices,SettingsOverride,SDK,USBAccessories,HTTPActivation,MultipleMaps,Traffic,MapOverlays,Documents,WarningSounds,ArrivalSounds
UnsupportedFeatures=PlusDownloadDynamic,PlusDownloadGeneral,PlusDownloadMap,PlusDownloadPOI,PlusDownloadScheme,PlusDownloadUpgrade,PlusDownloadVoice,PlusDownloadRingTone,PlusMessageNotification,PlusForceMessageNotification,PlusPushChannel,PlusTraffic,PlusWeather,PlusEphemeris,PlusBuddies,PlusRoadConditions,PlusFuelPriceTimestamp,ASR,ASRCnC,TTSUncompressed,TTSNuance51,Games,LinkVolumeToSpeed,CaymannAlwaysOn,MAC,DepartureAdvisor,VehicleProfile,MapShareVehicleProfile,Handsfree,3DCarModels,TextureRendering,InternalModem,HardDisk,SMSSupported,Keyboard,SupportKeyControl,Work,WorkEnabled,WorkPromotion,WorkTuria,WorkMurcia,WorkBremen,WorkUsePlus,WorkStartUpPromotion,SimpleMapBrowserButtonBar,AltDefaultCarSymbol
SupportedPatchTypes=7F
NrSupportedErrorTypes=138
UserPatchDatVersion=102
CompressedPatchVersion=200
MapServerPatchDatVersion=105
DeletedPoiDatVersion=200
ServerLineIndexDatVersion=102
ServerNameIndexDatVersion=102
MapShareSupportedProviders=243
CharacterSet=TTU
VehicleBrand=
VehicleModel=
VehicleOptions=
Samlighty offline

Postby Samlighty » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:13 pm

I have a feeling when I install the map, which is a self-installing Navitotal map, that it overwrites the Navcore, could this be the case? If so, can you link me to a UK map that is compatible and would not do this.
Samlighty offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom