Transfering maps from an iMac   

Transfering maps from an iMac

Postby TheWiz » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:43 am

Can anybody tell me how to transfer a map or parts of a map from an iMac to a Dakota 10 GPS? I know how it works with Windows but cannot get it done with a Mac
TheWiz offline

Postby PiEtU » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:15 am

I do not know what you mean but here is [Please Register or Login to download file]

Aalthough the GMap folder looks like a file on MAC (but it isn't !! ) So, on the MAC:
Copy the .gmap file to the $HOME/Library/Application Support/Garmin/Maps directory.
To make the map available for all users, please create the following directory if not already there:
/Library/Application Support/Garmin/Maps, and please the .gmap file in that directory instead.

If you want to place the files elsewhere, please put all your .gmap files in that new directory, and create a symbolic link.
i.e., if your new path is /Users/Shared/Garmin/Maps/, please execute the following command:
ln -s /Users/Shared/Garmin/Maps [$HOME]/Library/Application\ Support/Garmin/Maps

Naturally, if the original target directory for the link is already present, please make it empty and remove it first otherwise you can not create the symbolic link.

If required, please use the MapID to unlock your map in JetMouse
and enter the new key into the Garmin MapInstall.app program,
via the Unlock -> Edit Unlock Codes, menu option.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby TheWiz » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks for your reply.
My problem is not getting the maps on my iMac but from the iMac to my Dakota GPS. In Windows you can select a map or a part of a map and transfer it to the GPS using Mapsource.
I have BaseCamp on my Mac but I cannot transfer maps or part sof maps to my GPS.
TheWiz offline

Postby PiEtU » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:03 pm

TheWiz wrote:Thanks for your reply.
My problem is not getting the maps on my iMac but from the iMac to my Dakota GPS. In Windows you can select a map or a part of a map and transfer it to the GPS using Mapsource.
I have BaseCamp on my Mac but I cannot transfer maps or part sof maps to my GPS.

Use MapInstall link is up
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about Garmin