new and need help   

new and need help

Postby rock007 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:59 am

Hi guys.

First of all sorry if these questions makes anybody angry and sorry if my question falls into the wrong category...moderators please move it to someother category if this doesn't belong here... i am all new to this and i am totally lost..i know there allot of posts on this forum that should solve my problem and answer all my questions. But i just don't understand what software to install and what to do..if someone could please help it would be great...so i am buying some chinese gps which has win ce 6 and atlas 5 processor.

I need to install India maps. I was looking for MapmyIndia 6.0 or 6.1 as it has all those nice 3d maps which my gps can support. I contacted mapmyindia.com for help asking if their sd card which comes preinstalled with the map would work with my device and they simply did not care to reply back.don't know why ..

So my question is:
How do i install mapmyindia on win ce 6.0? Or do i have to isntall some other software like garmin xt first and then install some other maps?

All i want is my gps to have india maps installed..3d feature would be great..i don't care if it is from mapmyindia or other company. just want the one which is more accurate and best.
This gps comes presintalled with Igo 8...but no india maps...

Please if someone would give me the steps i would really appreciate it.
i dont mind donating if i have to...

thank you in advance!! :) Yes i am really a noob. sorry!
rock007 offline

Postby p!xeldealer » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:53 pm

I'm not familiar with mapmyindia software/maps, but I know that there is a India map for Garmin available. To use this on your WinCE6 device you have to install Garmin Mobile XT for WinCE, that you can find >>>here (select the version for your display resolution).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The presentation of this posting exists of 100% of recycleable, taste-neutral, not genetic-
manipulated and unleaded pixels free of CFC - this guarantees for You p!xeldealer :yahoo:
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby rock007 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:34 pm

hi pixel,

thanks for your quick reply...do i have any other option? Can i install IGO primo? but i guess theres no India map for it right?
rock007 offline

Postby p!xeldealer » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:43 pm

I think you can also install IGO, but I don't know if there is an India map.
The presentation of this posting exists of 100% of recycleable, taste-neutral, not genetic-
manipulated and unleaded pixels free of CFC - this guarantees for You p!xeldealer :yahoo:
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby rock007 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:22 am

yeah..thats the only prob. i guess i can install igo primo easily but no india map?

I can buy if its available? but i don't see it on IGo website anywhere..do you?
rock007 offline

Postby p!xeldealer » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:10 am

Sorry, but I can't tell you something more about IGO, because I'm only responsibly for Garmin questions. IGO is not compatible with Garmin devices, so I can't do anything with it.

Look at IGO section - maybe there is someone who can help you.
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby rock007 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:54 am

hey pixel, in one of the threads on this forum i found mapmyindia v6.0 but it is for garmin. Since my device is win ce 6 does that mean i will have to install garmin xt on it first and then this map will work ? my gps screen resolution is 800x480..can you please explain in your own simple steps as to how to install garmin xt. i find it very difficult to understand the guide which is posted in this forum.
rock007 offline

Postby p!xeldealer » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:50 pm

...that's what I tried to tell you in #2 :D

I think the version of Downunder35m http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?2329-Garmin-Mobile-XT-CE-for-Chinanavi-with-800x480 or maybe from artfull http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?7763-Garmin-XT-5.52-(Garmin-Asus-M10)-for-WINCE-6-(800x480) should be right for you and I'm sure they both will help you, if you ask there - Mobile XT isn't my building site* - I better know original Garmin devices and they don't work with WinCE & Mobile XT.

* so we say in German for things they are not our business :) - is it usable in English too?
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about Garmin