Garmin for wince 4.2   

Garmin for wince 4.2

Postby adqttr » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:37 pm

I have a in-dash nav system in my car, running wince 4.2. It came with Route66 maps, but i find them hard to use and i do not have a map for USA[my country]. I really want to get garmin working on it, but for whatever reason i cannot get it to work. I have the total commander installed so that i can look at the files and click on the file i want to use. When i try to run the garmin, I get an error saying it is not a windows ce application.

If anyone knows of a good tutorial with download, that would be awesome. Any advice would be good. Thanks!
adqttr offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:49 pm

If I were you, I'd go to the igo section and think about iGO 8.3 instead of Garmin.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adqttr » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:57 pm

I have tried the iGo. On the 8.3 I installed I could not get passed the part where you choose a language, I am not sure if it is because my resolution is not correct. On the Primo version I cannot get it to find my gps. I changed the sys.txt file to port 2 and braud 9600 which works for my route66 maps. It is an external gps if that matters. any ideas?
adqttr offline

Postby vianari » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:58 am

check this [Please Register or Login to download file]
vianari offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby artfull » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:40 pm

adqttr wrote:I have a in-dash nav system in my car, running wince 4.2. It came with Route66 maps, but i find them hard to use and i do not have a map for USA[my country]. I really want to get garmin working on it, but for whatever reason i cannot get it to work. I have the total commander installed so that i can look at the files and click on the file i want to use. When i try to run the garmin, I get an error saying it is not a windows ce application.

If anyone knows of a good tutorial with download, that would be awesome. Any advice would be good. Thanks!

Check this tips------> Garmin 5.30TW
[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="Magenta"][SIZE="3"]Appreciate to give donation for the forum,
If you are Happy, your donation will very helpful....[/size][/color][/font]
artfull offline

User avatar Member

Return to General Discussions about Garmin