Igo9 problem   

Igo9 problem

Postby leescally » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:35 pm

Hi all, just happened upon this site whilst trying to sort out a problem with my new car head unit. I only fitted it on Sunday and already having issues with the satellite navigation app. As it states in the title, it appears to be Igo9. When I first installed the head unit, I pressed the relevant navigation button and Igo started ok. I could see a basic map of the roads in my local area in the "map preview" window, but without street names or any details. I moved onto some of the other functions of the h.u. and was looking forward to having a more detailed look at the nav. when I'd got more time. The next time I tried it, it showed no roads, the only thing I had was an outline of G.B. if I zoomed right out, albeit with no roads shown. Since then I've tried a few times and all that happens now is the progress bar shows, but then Igo seems to close and the h.u. returns to playing the radio.
Could somebody please offer a few suggestions as to what I should try next? I'd be extremely grateful.
Many thanks in advance, Lee.
leescally offline

Re: Igo9 problem

Postby chas521 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:16 pm

Delete the save folder and when you exit the program exit through the program and do not turn the device off only.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby leescally » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:16 pm

I tried to delete the save folder earlier after reading a few other posts where people had issues,but I couldn't. The Igo app was preloaded on the sd card and came with the head unit. Would it be read/write protected? Thanks.
leescally offline

Postby leescally » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:26 pm

OK, I tried changing the properties of the sd card from read only and got lots of error codes, so "ignored all". Tried to delete the folder again and still no joy at removing it.
leescally offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:39 pm

Take the SD card out of the device and on the side of the card is a slider switch. Just push it in the other direction. Then try again.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby leescally » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:10 am

Thanks for the input Chas, it's a micro sd, so no write protection lock on it. I thought when I changed the properties of the card from "read only" that might have been enough, but just had a quick look on the 'Web and seen its a bit more involved than that. I'm not going to get chance to do anything now until some time over the weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. Many thanks.
leescally offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:40 pm

leescally wrote:Thanks for the input Chas, it's a micro sd, so no write protection lock on it. I thought when I changed the properties of the card from "read only" that might have been enough, but just had a quick look on the 'Web and seen its a bit more involved than that. I'm not going to get chance to do anything now until some time over the weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. Many thanks.

[Please Register or Login to download file]

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby leescally » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:13 pm

I've managed to delete the save folder now and just tried it again. Still not working. It seems as if each time I try to start it it gets less along the progress bar, before returning to the radio.
leescally offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:28 pm

Any error messages?

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby leescally » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:32 pm

No messages. Just reverts back to the menu/radio.
leescally offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:12 pm

I hate to say but it sounds like you need to delete everything - make a copy of your content - and reinstall the initial program. Also, when you are finished using the program, make sure that you exit through the program and do NOT just simply turn off the device.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby august » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:54 pm

is it a windows unit or a android unit?

for android you need a Igo Primo android version.

the different is how it use the external gps.
look at the sys.txt map on Igo9

[gps]
port=2
baud=9600
protocol=nmea

you can try to find your location with the search to option.
So let the navi drive to your home address.
it could really take 5 minutes before the gps has a match with the satellites at the first time.
then save this location to your favorite.

regards.
august offline

Postby leescally » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Just managed to spend a little time on it, uninstalling and reinstalling. When I reinstall and run it for the first time I get an error stating that the "user interface resolution [1024x537] is not supported or compatible skin can not be found. Exiting application."
When I look through the files the only time I can see resolution mentioned it's correct at 800x480.
leescally offline

Postby jtrosky » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:19 pm

Do you have any details on the head-unit you have? As asked above, is it WindowsCE-based or Android-based? What is the screen resolution? etc, etc, etc... You can force a particular screen resolution in the sys.txt file.

But we should probably take a step back and find out what we're working with here first! :-)
jtrosky offline

Postby upss » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:22 pm

chas521 wrote:I hate to say but it sounds like you need to delete everything - make a copy of your content - and reinstall the initial program. Also, when you are finished using the program, make sure that you exit through the program and do NOT just simply turn off the device.

I NEVER "exit" the Primo on my 2Din before I turn off the ignition and I never had any problems.
upss offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core