how do I activate TTS pro in Primo 2.0?   

how do I activate TTS pro in Primo 2.0?

Postby mstar » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:59 pm

I just put Primo 2.0 on an Omnitech (Windows CE 5.0) gps with 2014 Q2 maps. I changed the Primo folder name and .exe to "Destinator" so I could use the bin file. I had success in geting it to load and run.

However TTS pro is gray out.

I am looking for instruction or link to getting Primo 2.0 to activate a US TTS voice.
I downloaded 2.0 from a link here last year so dont know which build. It is 2.0. Folders dated 4-3-2012
There is a TTS Voices folder which is located in the root directory
Primo
Manuals
Skins
TTS Voices
are the folders in the root
I assume TTS Voices need to be moved inside the program?

The program SYS.txt fold does not show any entry for TTS but I am too new at this to know if that is needed.

Can someone point out how to set up TTS Voice on Primo 2.0 using WinCE 5?
Thanks
mstar offline

Re: how do I activate TTS pro in Primo 2.0?

Postby chas521 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:58 pm

Just download and install this [Please Register or Login to download file]
Click on Valider et telecharger le fichier.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby mstar » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:14 am

Thanks
What am I downloading and are instructions included? is this for US? 307MB is just voices?

The build I have is-
"Go Primo 2.0 Build 9.6.5.211211 (Dec 07 2011)
Runs on any WinCE 5+ Or Windows Mobile GPS device with at least 64MB Ram--128MB recommended for all features and seamless operation."

The text file stated I could learn how to install the pro voices by going to that link but the link is dead.
For details on installation of TTS Voices, go here:
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6962-iGO-Primo-1.2-Nuance-TTS-Pro-Voices
mstar offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:09 pm

No! It's an entire US program [no maps though]. Just download it and install it to your SD card.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby mstar » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:05 pm

Thanks
Itried but wont go past the Omnitech splash screen. I dont see a sys file in your files. Seems like there are files missing compared to Primo 2.0 which was working just not the tts pro vocice
When I first launched I went pass the splash and the program started to figure out its settings.
Omnitech is a windows CE device. I use a BIN file that was to allow me to run more than one . So prior to this I was using Destinator 8 and Navigon.
All I had to do was rename the folder to Destinator and the primo to destinator and with primo2 being the only program it worked.

So I am not sure what I need with your primo 2.4. As I said there is no sys file . also no other dll files starting with vocon3200 and vautov5
Those are some differences I see but not sure if they are used in 2.4

Thanks for more assistance. But as it stands, just dropping on the SD card was not enough.
mstar offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:32 pm

mstar wrote:Thanks
Itried but wont go past the Omnitech splash screen. I dont see a sys file in your files. Seems like there are files missing compared to Primo 2.0 which was working just not the tts pro vocice
When I first launched I went pass the splash and the program started to figure out its settings.
Omnitech is a windows CE device. I use a BIN file that was to allow me to run more than one . So prior to this I was using Destinator 8 and Navigon.
All I had to do was rename the folder to Destinator and the primo to destinator and with primo2 being the only program it worked.

So I am not sure what I need with your primo 2.4. As I said there is no sys file . also no other dll files starting with vocon3200 and vautov5
Those are some differences I see but not sure if they are used in 2.4

Thanks for more assistance. But as it stands, just dropping on the SD card was not enough.

What are you talking about? I just downloaded it and it was COMPLETELY fine. You probably got a bad download. Try it again.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby mstar » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:15 pm

thank you
It loads now. It was not a bad download. It was a bad transfer to the SD. The sys file and the dll did not copy over for some reason so put it all over with a test map and it worked.

Is there a way in primo to see the amount of satellites and strength. Desintator you could go to a screen to see .
The reason I wanted to revive this device was for the external antenna to see if it would help in the city. My Tomtom and phone does not do well in NYC.
I went with primo since more current maps could be found in that format. I could not find .map files for Navteq.

the reason to see the satellites is to determine , the strength before and after (if I can figure out what antenna fits the small jack)
mstar offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:09 pm

I live on Long Island, NY. NYC has an excellent satellite reception. So don't concern yourself with how many satellites it sees. Just use it. Make sure you have a clear view of the sky and remain stationery until you get that lock. Also, maps for iGO are .fbl not .map.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Languages, voices, speedcams