map up-dates for TT One ?   

map up-dates for TT One ?

Postby froghopper » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:56 pm

Hello all, just a bit of background first. I am an ex-pat living in france, I am a total plank where technology is concerned I can turn on a computer and read mails etc but that's about it.

I have a TT One (without sd slot) which is probably about 4/5 years old, the roads around here are changing so fast I really need to update the maps. Considering the price of updates against a new unit I thought I'd ask here 1st if anyone could give me help. I really would need someone to hold my hand here, I've looked through a lot of the conversations on this site and to be honest my brain is going to explode soon.

Before I go any further is it possible to upgrade? or is it just simpler for me to give it away and get a newer model.
froghopper offline

Re: map up-dates for TT One ?

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:48 pm

Please check our tutorials.
After that have a good look through the Navcore section.
Last but not least check for the lates map edition.
There is no point in explaining what you shoul do if you have no clue about the terms we use, but after checking the above you will see it is any easy job.
We offer easy installers for the Navcores and the latest maps can be used on all TT models (that are pre 2009).
Check my Installer for the 9.510 Navcore and add the map you like following the instructions provide in the threads where you find the download.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:46 pm

Welcome to Navitotal.
In addition to Downunder's suggestions, please run this app & post the results here. topic7501.html
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby froghopper » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Thanks to both of you for your replies, I have had a look at some of the tutorial pages - I think I need to have another look and be more specific in my browsing - (to save all the remaining grey matter leaking out of my ears)

I will no doubt call for more assistance soon.
froghopper offline

Postby froghopper » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:09 am

Hello all, I'm back after a spell in hospital (planned) and am now at home finding things to occupy myself quietly including a map update.

I'm sorry Tendriver but tried and failed to use your "little tool" to get my device details, however after much faffing about I found the following file which may be of help.

TTGo.bif file contents
Tom Tom Go
device name =tom tom one IQ routes edition
device version hw =one IQ routes edition
device serial number =PS22xxxxxx
device unique id =AKTGG xxxxx
ram disk version =20130404
boot loader version =55136
Linux version =842337
application version number =9510
application version =1234792.2
user language =English uk
user name =xxxxxxxx
last connection time =never
GPS firmware version =2.16.201 77382
built in colour scheme (lots of those, think n/a for this post)

current voice info =jane
current map =western Europe
current map version =835.2419

I've got no doubt this all makes a lot more sense to you guys than it does to me.

I have connected my device to this laptop and I think I've performed a combined back up and update of the navcore system "perhaps!!"

I have just spent 11 hours reading and rereading the tutorials and to be quite honest I don't have a clue what a lot of the terms mean. If I was working I would just go out and buy the latest version, but being laid up for a while it was either this or reading the history of the world (tried War and peace - didn't like it so gave up)
froghopper offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:39 am

froghopper wrote:I'm sorry Tendriver but tried and failed to use your "little tool" to get my device details

It's Failproof.
Run TTCurrentConfig.exe from the TomTom root directory.
The program makes a MyVersions.txt file which contains TomTom's full current config.

Download & unzip the map that you need, that size wise will fit in your unit & has a meta code.
Download & unzip: FastActivate
Remove the old map folder. Copy in the new map folder.
Run FastActivate.exe Option 2 to patch the map & Option 3 to patch the navcore.
Disconnect & reboot. DONE!!
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v9XX